Am I being lucky or have I learn something?

• cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      I consider myself a cash player. I usually play NL5 SH. I don't find SNGs very profitable (and very high rake at lowest SNG buy-ins) and I don't like them overall. So I rarely play them.
      As for MTTs I like them but they usually frustrate me and stress me so much I think I'll someday have a heart attack (the next time I bubble out open-pushing 13BB in MP with AA and getting called by the BB with 16BB with T4o wtf? :f_o: ) and lose to a straight 3 to 7.

But when I don't feel like multitabling I open a $1 or $2 MTT. But lately my good hands have been holding up, have been winning some coinflips and essentialy folding a LOT of great hands PF (many times I even manage to fold better hands while there are 3 opponents all-in).

So here are my latest results:

1st of 967 in 1k Gtd Speed 2$ buy-in

4th of 990 in 1k Gtd 1$ buyin

3rd of 1191 in 1.5k Gtd Speed 2$ buy-in

Should I play more MTTs instead? Or am I just being lucky at them?

Edit: Oh, and I busted 4th with KK allin PF vs A7o and 3rd with JJ vs 23s.
  • 4 replies
    • Titicamara
      Titicamara
      Bronze
      How did you do it?
    • DusanBanik
      DusanBanik
      Bronze
      i think you should play MTT you can win a lot of money.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Of course you're being lucky. You have to be lucky to win an MTT ;) But that doesn't mean that you're not playing them well, that's simply the nature of the game. Of course if you play better than others you're going to win more. Variance will still be very big for good players though.

I would therefor be cautious with deciding to play MTTs full time. In my opinion your best option would be to keep playing cash games with a few MTTs on the side and get good at both :)
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Well I've been playing some low buy-in MTTs - mainly 1$ and 2$ freezouts - per week (I think between 10-15). I don't play them more because I don't have much time to play that much time in a row and because sometimes I don't have the mood or patience to play them. And without those I learned that it's a crapshoot. If I play tight with patience and don't lose big coinflips that can lead to tilt I always get ITM. If I win a couple of key coinflips deep in the MTT it's not that hard to then get to the final table. I think it's harder in midstage close to bubble and close to the final table.

But they stress me a lot because I've busted out of MTTs mostly with QQ+ and AQ+...