This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aj

• shanshichi
      shanshichi
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $5.75
      MP3:
      $5.00
      Hero:
      $5.41

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.58) A:diamond: , 9:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.28, MP1 raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.68, MP1 raises to $5.51 (All-In), Hero calls $3.49 (All-In).

Turn: ($11.26) 9:club:
      River: ($11.26) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (As Jh)
      MP1 shows a full-house, nines full of aces (Ac 9h)

MP1 wins with a full-house, nines full of aces (Ac 9h)

can i ever fold this ? :f_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hmm. Maybe you can fold at the last line there but I dont think so.

Flop bet is under half pot - lift that a little. 2/3rds to 3/4 pot is a better zone to be in. You want to punish people who draw often, and the higher your bets as a % of the pot, the higher your profits will be flushing stations.

As played I like 4 betting this flop but im unsure if id play 4bet-fold or 4bet-shove. We dont have any reliable stat on MP1 so we need to treat him as unknown.

I think I am stacking off here top 2.

Can you ever fold it? Given the results, why would you ever want to fold it? You got 2 outed :) Thats poker. Try not to let the results be your focus; instead you should focus on your decisions. In this hand you got all in with a 95% win; thats awesome! If we could do that most hands we could all retire and play poker on cruise ships for a living :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Like Jaissica said, c-bet bigger to begin with, after that it's fine to go broke. It's really freaking hard for him to have a hand that beats you, and unknowns could easily overplay stuff like AQ/AK, i'm not folding. By the way villain did the 4-betting, i'm assuming Jaissica was talking about 3-bet/fold and 3-bet/shove lines.

Hope it helps.