Stack
      MP1:
      $5.75
      MP3:
      $5.00
      Hero:
      $5.41

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , J:heart:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.24, 3 folds, MP1 calls $0.20, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($0.58) A:diamond: , 9:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.28, MP1 raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.68, MP1 raises to $5.51 (All-In), Hero calls $3.49 (All-In).

Turn: ($11.26) 9:club:
      River: ($11.26) 2:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $11.26

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (As Jh)
      MP1 shows a full-house, nines full of aces (Ac 9h)

MP1 wins with a full-house, nines full of aces (Ac 9h)

can i ever fold this ? :f_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hmm. Maybe you can fold at the last line there but I dont think so.

Flop bet is under half pot - lift that a little. 2/3rds to 3/4 pot is a better zone to be in. You want to punish people who draw often, and the higher your bets as a % of the pot, the higher your profits will be flushing stations.

As played I like 4 betting this flop but im unsure if id play 4bet-fold or 4bet-shove. We dont have any reliable stat on MP1 so we need to treat him as unknown.

I think I am stacking off here top 2.

Can you ever fold it? Given the results, why would you ever want to fold it? You got 2 outed :) Thats poker. Try not to let the results be your focus; instead you should focus on your decisions. In this hand you got all in with a 95% win; thats awesome! If we could do that most hands we could all retire and play poker on cruise ships for a living :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Like Jaissica said, c-bet bigger to begin with, after that it's fine to go broke. It's really freaking hard for him to have a hand that beats you, and unknowns could easily overplay stuff like AQ/AK, i'm not folding. By the way villain did the 4-betting, i'm assuming Jaissica was talking about 3-bet/fold and 3-bet/shove lines.

Hope it helps.