What do you make of poker burnout?

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Do you think such a thing exists?

Pritty much things have gone stale for me. I'm having a pritty sloppy month tbh. I'v had 1 day of poker i think since december 27th. I dont really feel very motivated except fo the i need to play poker to make money, but truth is im not making money, iv been breakeven for 11khands on FR now and i carnt really just blame that on varriance or maybe i can, since the start of december iv been crushing cash games at my limit but this month as i said just feel "bluh". Do you think playing to much poker can burn you out? I'm not one of these players who can just play abit of poker here and there, im a hardcore grinder at heart. I thik i'm probablly going to take a few days of relax and come back fresh, depending on how i feel i may come back with a challange of turning $50 into $1k in 30days so look out for a possible blog about that.

Do you think i should completley relax for a few days as in not even picking up a poker book or loging onto forums? I feel like i just need to get poker out of my system for a little bit atm.
  • 4 replies
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Yeah it exists... I'm kinda in the same boat atm... been there before too... take a few days off, and come back when you feel hungry for it... and then something like a challenge can be a motivator, but as long as you actually are motivated to do it!... gl
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Are you still playing or are you taking some time off presantly? I'm wondering wether to drop all things poker including reading poker stuff during this break. Probablly become a PS3 junkie for a few days =) I'll deffinatley be motiovated if i start a challange...just once i have everything out my system
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      I really, really struggle taking time off altogether, but it's something I should do... there have been times where I have taken a few days off and it has helped tons... sometimes I just change the format I am playing until I am readyto grind again...
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      I played a lot on january, and im still veeery motivated to keep playing.

But Im off poker for about 10 days now, because im busy with other things. But cant wait to get back to the tables. Its time for grind baby :s_cool: