Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $20.34
      Hero:
      $38.77

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.80, 4 folds, BB calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.70) 6:heart: , A:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, BB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.50) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.50) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $8.50

This was my last hand of today's session and strikes me as an important one to post. It is a fairly standard and bland hand but im worried it represents a leak in my play.

How often should I be 3 streeting here for value as opposed to checking behind the turn in a bluff-induce/catch move? Villain is horrible but can get aggressive with strong hands.

I dont like how I played this one on reflection, especially looking at the villains stats. I think I should have 3-streeted.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Yeah I think you can def bet/fold the turn vs that guy. If he just check/calls, his range is mainly worse aces and you can valuebet the river.

3 streeting vs bluff inducing: No simple answer. Just look at ranges, see if you have a value bet, and estimate how many streets of value you can get from worse hands. You usually want to induce when valuebetting is thin, villian is bluffy and has a decent amount of air in his range.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      AJ is kind of loose to 3-barrel him for value, so likely I´d also either check back turn or maybe take free showdown on the river
      If board was rainbow or even if you had smt like pair+flushdraw, like AQ, AK I would bet 3 streets for value, since then it is reasonable he´d call me down with worse Ax hand