$5.40
      MP3:
      $7.04
      CO(Hero):
      $5.23
      BU:
      $4.66

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      MP2 raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.27) 2, 8, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP3 calls $1.20.

Is this flop cont-bet necessary? Normally when I reraise with AK and miss, I just check behind. Maybe I shouldn't have cont-bet against such a loose player?

Turn: ($4.67) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4.67) 7 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4.84(All-In), Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.67.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since he's so loose I think both betting and checking behind are okay depending on how big of a pain in the ass he can be postflop.

When you c-bet it's actually for value against most 4x/0x guys, they will float the flop with worse Ax crap and random 2 broadways, diamonds, gutshots, all of it. Even if they end up having a pair, a quarter of the time you'll end up outdrawing them by the river and be able to make another, bigger valuebet. Sometimes you'll both hit an A or a K and you'll stack them.

And they usually aren't aggressive enough to take you off your hand unless they have you beat. Some players will be oddly spazzy even with those stats, for example they like to check/call the flop and donk any turn for now reason often, or they check/minraise for kicks. Against those players you're usually better off keeping the pot smaller unless you're ready to bluff-catch for stacks, which shouldn't be a good idea without a solid read.

Hope it helps.