$1.67
      SB:
      $8.53
      BB(Hero):
      $16.30
      MP2:
      $18.92

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.35) 7, 3, A (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.10, Hero raises to $3.65, MP3 raises to $24.60, Hero calls $12.55.

Turn: ($41.15) Q (2 players)

River: ($41.15) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $41.15.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and threes(3 A).

Hero wins with three of a kind, sevens(7 7).
      MP3 wins with two pairs, aces and threes(3 A).

k, nh for me this time i guess , but the question is, did the opp played correctly here?

What would you do with 2pair hand on that flop and why?

1. fold to 3bet?
      2. call 3bet and reevaluate on turn?
      3. push - like the opp did?
      4. 4bet?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Don't really like his play. It's a limped pot, so you don't have AQ AK, + ppl usually play really straightforward. When you 3bet your range is mainly 33, 77, A7, A3. He can also put you on draws, pure bluffs, weirdly played Ax. But shoving is terrible since you are only ever calling with better. Spots like this - marginal hand, deepish stacked, you really need information to play well.

I would usually:

(1) Fold flop vs a nit or passive fish.

(2) Call flop / Fold turn vs villian capable of 3betting draws and bluffs. There aren't any especially good turn cards to second barrel, since you're representing a strong hand by calling.

(3) Call flop / Jam turn vs aggressive fish.

In rush poker I can't decide between (1) and (2), but def not shoving flop. Prob (2) if the games are aggressive in general, (1) if the games are passive.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not sure I get why you don't want to get it in on the flop. If Hero has some worse hands it's going to be either an overplayed Ax or some flushdraw, and he's really likely to call it off once he's played it like that. So why wait for a safe turn that might make draws shutdown, or a club turn that will cool the action against Ax? Especially against an unknown in rush, you cannot know what he will continue with on the turn, you might end up folding against a draw who shoved the turn after putting in $2.5 more on the flop.

Either you believe an unknown on that flop has enough worse hands / draws to warrant you going broke right there or you don't, and if you don't, calling without knowing what to expect on later streets is really dicey, so just plain folding might be the preferred play.

Hope it helps.