This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Loose raise & call from the CO ?

• Macdui
      Macdui
      Silver
      I got slated for this move against a tight player who also liked to to unmuck his blind steals and gloat when successful. I know it would not pay off in the long term but in SH games it's a bit of fun against the tight grinders. He was really pissed off by my move and sat out off the game and abused me for the next 5 minutes. What you think?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8.91
      BB:
      $11.39
      MP3:
      $8.35
      Hero:
      $2.80

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:club: , J:club:
      MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, BU folds, SB calls $0.14, BB raises to $0.84, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.68, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.88) 9:club: , T:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB raises $10.55 (All-In), Hero calls $1.96 (All-In).

Turn: ($14.39) 5:spade:
      River: ($14.39) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, jack high (8c Jc)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Qc Qd)

Hero wins with a flush, jack high (8c Jc)
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Yeah, fold your junk here. You were just extremely lucky to flop a straight. You don't even have enough of a stack (70bb) here to justify implied odds so be sure to reload.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yes it's a horrible call in a vacuum, especially since you didn't even rebuy to 100bb+. If you know it's going make him go nuts when you hit it has some merit, but really I don't think you need to bother with that at microstakes, people come and go so fast that building up history against what looks like to be a nitty tag isn't worth much (especially if you can't deal correctly with the abuse when he does tilt).

Hope it helps.