[NL2-NL10] Loose raise & call from the CO ?

• Macdui
      I got slated for this move against a tight player who also liked to to unmuck his blind steals and gloat when successful. I know it would not pay off in the long term but in SH games it's a bit of fun against the tight grinders. He was really pissed off by my move and sat out off the game and abused me for the next 5 minutes. What you think?

Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:club: , J:club:
      MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, BU folds, SB calls $0.14, BB raises to $0.84, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.68, SB folds.

Flop: ($1.88) 9:club: , T:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB raises $10.55 (All-In), Hero calls $1.96 (All-In).

Turn: ($14.39) 5:spade:
      River: ($14.39) 3:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $14.39

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, jack high (8c Jc)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Qc Qd)

Hero wins with a flush, jack high (8c Jc)
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      Yeah, fold your junk here. You were just extremely lucky to flop a straight. You don't even have enough of a stack (70bb) here to justify implied odds so be sure to reload.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Yes it's a horrible call in a vacuum, especially since you didn't even rebuy to 100bb+. If you know it's going make him go nuts when you hit it has some merit, but really I don't think you need to bother with that at microstakes, people come and go so fast that building up history against what looks like to be a nitty tag isn't worth much (especially if you can't deal correctly with the abuse when he does tilt).

Hope it helps.