Hello from GBR

• pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      Evening all, my name is chris, 22, from the UK, started playing poker at university 2 or so years ago, once a week £1 buy-in tournament style.

Only recently taken poker up as a more full time hobby, hence why im here.

I started playing FR big stack no-limit, but have moved onto multi-tabling SnG's as theres a bit more going on and a good goal of finishing ITM as often as possible. I also enter a couple larger freerolls if im not working just to experience a bigger field :] .

my poker room of choice is pokerstars as i use a macintosh at the moment, i also like the simplicity and clarity of the software, had to use partypokers "anywhere" software recently and its so busy and horrible, but thats the room i chose for my starting equity....without thinking ?(

I've gotten myself involved on here as I find my bankroll has stagnated and i cant seem to move on, it fluctuates between $35 and $45 and i cant seem to break the $50, i win some, then i lose some or a good winning streak is followed by a destructive downswing. My BR management isn't amazing (obviously) i find it hard to stop rebuying as i enjoy playing the game whether im winning or losing lol
  • 11 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Chris,

First of all let me welcome you to PokerStrategy. We have a great bunch of people here so if you have any questions at any time then please feel free to ask.

I would suggest reading/re-reading the SnG articles, maybe watching some videos and attend some coachings in the hope of improving your game.

I would also suggest checking out the ICM Trainers to help practice your Push/Fold efficiency.

The SnG Forums may be of use too for any further question or posting hands that you are not sure if they were played correctly.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      Hi steve, thanks for your post, i plan on getting in on the low stake SNG coaching this sunday. Sadly the ICM trainers dont work on macs else id be doing those already.

just finished a quick session of $1 SNG's on PP, started with 4 tables, bummed out on 2 and started 2 new tables, out of the 6 games, finished ITM 4 times, 1 3rd, 1 2nd and 2 1sts.

I dont have any management software running, i was using poker copilot 2 as its really the only mac friendly one but i found watching all the my stats whilst i was playing was too pressurising. And all the player HUD stats confused me more often than helped lol
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Chris,

Well done on your recent session.

As for the ICM trainers, aren't you able to run a windows session on a Mac still mate. It would be good if you can as they are really helpful programs.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      sadly i dont have bootcamp on this mac, or even a copy of windows to use if i did. just did another 4 table session, 1 5th, 1 3rd 1 2nd and a 1st, up $5 on my starting equity and have 12 PP's :D

if only i could get the PP software on a mac, their browser based client is soo yucky, the constant flickering from the refreshing, cant remove the chat, or resize the windows, or simplify the display :P makes multi tabling hard work
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      also another question, is there noway to register my pokerstars account to PS to get points? or is it only accounts newly registered with your promo code that can accumulate points?
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Welcome!

And just keep reading and do not forget the BRM

:)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Chris,

Unfortunately there are countless threads on these forums about members who have tried to get their pokerstars account re-tracked to PS but they were unsuccessful so unfortunately the answer is no.

I'm pretty sure Full Tilt Poker have now released a downloadable version for the mac. If you don't already have an account there, you can open an account via this link.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      Yeh i fgured that would be the situation with pokerstars, shame, really like the software, will probably transfer as much of my bankroll from PP to pkrstars once its cleared or whatever.

Can i get $50 equity on FT aswell? using the same method, ive used that client before and again its more slick that PP....

how do you decide what rooms to play in? if you have bankroll on say both FT and pkrstars?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Chris,

Unfortunately you can only recieve the one starting capital 0f $50, however with all of the poker sites that we offer you are entitled to a first time deposit bonus offer.

With regards to your question about full tilt, if you already have an account with them then it will not be possible to track that account to pokerstrategy either. It would need to be a new account created by using the link from our website.

You can find details of all the rooms we offer and their respective offers here.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • yossarian12
      yossarian12
      Bronze
      Hi from me too, another Uk player.

I have to say I really like the SNG tutorial on this site - its pretty different to how I have been playing up till now - I always chased draws and was a lot more aggressive. Then again, I was playing 12 player sngs with 2 tables of 6 players each up till now - should I be widening my range with 6 man tables or sticking to the hand charts in the SNG article?

Cheers,

Oli
    • pkrDayz
      pkrDayz
      Bronze
      personally id play just as tight on 6 man as FR,th e aim of the game is to get ITM, on some FR, you can almost fold all the way to the bubble, no point taking unneccesary risks early on, especially with the amount of fish at low stakes

just take the oppertunity whilst your folding to watch other peoples games and set them up for the end game...

ofcourse if your table is quite tight then try widening your range, see how the table responds