[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR - 5-8/11 hands - am I tilting? (AKs/AQs/AJs/KQs)

• altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      HAND 5
      My stack size was $4.40, before I reached the big blinds I usually don't leave yet. Being dealt AK suited was a hand I didn't want to pass up.

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:spade: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.70, 6 folds, Hero raises to $1.30, MP1 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($2.75) 9:club: , Q:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.80 (All-In), Hero folds.

I put my opponent on a high pocket pair from the PFR action. Wanted to take a look at the flop to see if I had outs or drew an ace.

Final Pot: $6.55

HAND 6
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.50, 4 folds, CO calls $0.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 7:heart: , 4:club: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1.70, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.35

HAND 7

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:club: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 7:diamond: , 5:heart: , A:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.25 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.25, MP3 folds.

I had a feeling someone might've had me out-kicked here. If there was one hand where my judgement was impaired I'd vote this hand.

Turn: ($3.85) 4:diamond:
      River: ($3.85) 2:club:

Final Pot: $3.85

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Jc, Ac ] a pair of Aces
      MP1 shows [ Ah, Qh ] a pair of Aces
      MP1 wins $3.66 USD with a pair of Aces with Queen kicker.

HAND 8
      0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , K:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30, BU folds.

Flop: ($1.00) 5:spade: , 2:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.00) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $0.75 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.05.

River: ($3.50) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $3.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows [ 5h, Ah ] two pairs, Eights and Fives
      Hero shows [ Qc, Kc ] a pair of Eights
      MP2 wins $3.33 USD with two pairs, Eights and Fives.

This was just definitely a bad play on my part. I put him on a weak draw on the flop, which perhaps he was, but I should not have called his turn bet with this weak hand.
  • 6 replies
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Hand 5.)
      Only call the Reraise or even muck your hand. You are not a Short Stack anymore. Maybe only play KK and AA when you doubled up and have not experience playing with a bigger Stack. So you prevent to get in difficult post flop decisions. Your fold on the flop was good.

Hand 8.)
      check/fold Turn here. ;)

Other hands are good. :)
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hand 7 - You say that you think your judgement was impaired, but I don't think there was any other way for you to play it. You can't check that flop, and any smaller bet doesn't make sense. Nice hand.

Hand 8 - I'd bet a bit more on the flop ($0.60-0.70), but definitely check/fold the turn UI if you get called.

IMHO,
      Kknight
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Thanks for your reply! Good to have confirmation on hand 8.

Originally posted by Berliner1982
      Hand 5.)
      Only call the Reraise or even muck your hand. You are not a Short Stack anymore. Maybe only play KK and AA when you doubled up and have not experience playing with a bigger Stack. So you prevent to get in difficult post flop decisions. Your fold on the flop was good.

I re-raised for more information.. mistake?

From what I can deduce, they either had AA, KK, or AQ (a bad initial re-raise). I had implied strength from my re-raise, but they ignored it. When the flop hit they saw the flush possibility and went all-in.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Even if he only min-re-raises he re-raises against an UTG Raise, for me that indicates a big Pocket Pair (JJ+) or maybe AK as well. So you are most of the times way Ahead or you only have a Coin Flip. So when you have no experience playing as a Big Stack, don´t play a hand like AK.

But lets wait what maybe Puschkin says, I personally have no experience in playing NL BSS.
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Take this with a grain of salt since I don't know much about BSS, but I don't think that your re-raise to $1.30 implies much strength. You are only raising him $0.60 more after he has raised it to $0.70. If you want to re-raise his min-raise with AKs, I think you need to raise it up to $2.10-2.50. If you aren't willing to risk that much of your big stack, I'd agree with Berliner and say either call or fold preflop.

IMHO,
      Kknight
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      hand 7 fold preflop , raising AJ from UTG sucks and you saw in this hand why.
      hand 8 if you gonna raise this hand you should raise to 0,70 ( 0,40 + 2x 0,10 for limpers + 0,1 because you raise from blinds) and then its an easy all in on any flop.