[NL2-NL10] NL5 AKo @ SB

• prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,

villain is 14/11 over a small sample (28 hands). Can you plz provide your comments on how i played this. Should i have reraised him pre flop?

Thanks for your help in advance, prg09.

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $6.70
      UTG2:
      $8.03
      MP1:
      $2.22
      MP2:
      $5.13
      MP3:
      $5.12
      CO:
      $5.00
      BU:
      $5.60
      SB(Hero):
      $5.97

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.16, BU folds, Hero calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 3, T, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.76) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, CO raises to $0.90, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.12.
  • 5 replies
    • Chardin112
      Chardin112
      Bronze
      Hi

I would have raised him, because I'd think that he is trying to steal the blinds with Ax maybe (A6) becasue he raised after 6 showed on the turn.
    • prg09
      prg09
      Bronze
      Hi,
      thanks for your answer. How much would you raise him? And what would be your plan for the river? Check and calling a smaller raise (<1/2 pot)?
    • Chardin112
      Chardin112
      Bronze
      I'd reraise 3*0.16=0.48c then at the flop 0.6c and then maybe chek/call turn and bet/fold river
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would raise preflop. This is for value since he will call with worse hands. It's also difficult to win the pot OOP without initiative when you miss the flop.

After just calling, I would check/call, check/call, donk.

I like this as opposed to leading the flop since stuff that CO calls down with will usuaully bet itself if we check. So the only difference is that checking gives him the chance to cbet bluff with his air. Also, if you start leading top pair on that board, observant villians can cbet and second barrel more confidently with draws/air when you check. Am donking the river since I think a lot of players will check stuff like AQ, AJ, A9s behind.

Turn is kind of a hard spot. In general I would fold TPTK against this guy raising the turn. But you donking flop smallish, then betting turn 1/2 pot is kind of strange. A lot of players will think your full of it and make moves, or raise good Ax hands for value. It's hard to know what he's doing since you should very rarely find yourself in this spot vs a given player. I don't mind calling down or folding.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Hi,

I would raise preflop. This is for value since he will call with worse hands. It's also difficult to win the pot OOP without initiative when you miss the flop.

After just calling, I would check/call, check/call, donk.

I like this as opposed to leading the flop since stuff that CO calls down with will usuaully bet itself if we check. So the only difference is that checking gives him the chance to cbet bluff with his air. Also, if you start leading top pair on that board, observant villians can cbet and second barrel more confidently with draws/air when you check. Am donking the river since I think a lot of players will check stuff like AQ, AJ, A9s behind.

Turn is kind of a hard spot. In general I would fold TPTK against this guy raising the turn. But you donking flop smallish, then betting turn 1/2 pot is kind of strange. A lot of players will think your full of it and make moves, or raise good Ax hands for value. It's hard to know what he's doing since you should very rarely find yourself in this spot vs a given player. I don't mind calling down or folding.
      This pretty much, good post again by johnbeattie85 :) Really like the river donk, you just can't assume people will valuebet much for 3 streets at microstakes.

Hope it helps.