Mtt

• 10 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I think you might be running bad, or the EV calcs for tourneys are really dodgy =)

Ok I'm a tourney-noob but isn't 3,5k tourneys a.. lot?
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze
      Hi coach,

i know that 3500SNG is very small sample but i play it for 3 weeks (100 hours) and i want to start playing 6$ but i cannot because of a bad luck. Now i really think that i am unluckiest guy in the world :D And i want to ask: How is possible to became a coach on this site?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      After you posted this graph in my blog I had a think about it then remembered that the EV line doesnt work for multi table sng's.

Hope this helps ease the pain a little
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      After you posted this graph in my blog I had a think about it then remembered that the EV line doesnt work for multi table sng's.

Are you sure? How can you know that it doesnt work?
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      it doesnt work in holdem manager. for me anyway. it just gives exactly the result. so if i win $10, it give earned value of $10. $0=$0. so the red line just follows the green. could be settings thing of course.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by papaduuu

Check 2+2 forum on EV line discussion
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze

i read it and one guy with 90 000 SNG had REAL ROI and EV ROI almost equal.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze

i read it and one guy with 90 000 SNG had REAL ROI and EV ROI almost equal.
      That would probably be for STTs not MTTs. I wouldn't worry too much about the red line, it is almost useless in this case. Keep working on your game and you'll end up winning in the end. Also, 3.5K is a reasonable sample size assuming they are the same size tourneys so it looks like HEM or whatever you're using doesn't likes MTTs.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Gun is right he played 9 man snag's on party
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hi coach,

i know that 3500SNG is very small sample but i play it for 3 weeks (100 hours) and i want to start playing 6$ but i cannot because of a bad luck. Now i really think that i am unluckiest guy in the world :D And i want to ask: How is possible to became a coach on this site?
      You can send an application to english@pokerstrategy.com I guess, but it won't be easy when you haven't been an active member of the community (you have 10 posts :P ) =)

Gl with the tourneys, the only solution to bad luck is always to play equally good or better, and more !