This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Mtt

• 10 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I think you might be running bad, or the EV calcs for tourneys are really dodgy =)

Ok I'm a tourney-noob but isn't 3,5k tourneys a.. lot?
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze
      Hi coach,

i know that 3500SNG is very small sample but i play it for 3 weeks (100 hours) and i want to start playing 6$ but i cannot because of a bad luck. Now i really think that i am unluckiest guy in the world :D And i want to ask: How is possible to became a coach on this site?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      After you posted this graph in my blog I had a think about it then remembered that the EV line doesnt work for multi table sng's.

Hope this helps ease the pain a little
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      After you posted this graph in my blog I had a think about it then remembered that the EV line doesnt work for multi table sng's.

Are you sure? How can you know that it doesnt work?
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      it doesnt work in holdem manager. for me anyway. it just gives exactly the result. so if i win $10, it give earned value of $10. $0=$0. so the red line just follows the green. could be settings thing of course.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by papaduuu

Check 2+2 forum on EV line discussion
    • papaduuu
      papaduuu
      Bronze

i read it and one guy with 90 000 SNG had REAL ROI and EV ROI almost equal.
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze

i read it and one guy with 90 000 SNG had REAL ROI and EV ROI almost equal.
      That would probably be for STTs not MTTs. I wouldn't worry too much about the red line, it is almost useless in this case. Keep working on your game and you'll end up winning in the end. Also, 3.5K is a reasonable sample size assuming they are the same size tourneys so it looks like HEM or whatever you're using doesn't likes MTTs.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Gun is right he played 9 man snag's on party
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hi coach,

i know that 3500SNG is very small sample but i play it for 3 weeks (100 hours) and i want to start playing 6$ but i cannot because of a bad luck. Now i really think that i am unluckiest guy in the world :D And i want to ask: How is possible to became a coach on this site?
      You can send an application to english@pokerstrategy.com I guess, but it won't be easy when you haven't been an active member of the community (you have 10 posts :P ) =)

Gl with the tourneys, the only solution to bad luck is always to play equally good or better, and more !