number of BB in SSS

• AbouRachid
      AbouRachid
      Bronze
      Hi, I started playing SSS not long ago and was searching google for some advice on the subject and I can say this site is very helpfull. I just discovered the site and I read most of the articles in the strategy section along with some hands in the Sample hands section.

I've been playing for more than 1 year online and its the first time I try SSS and I like it so far.

Now I was wondering for those who use this strategy if you all leave the table after having more than 25BB? I find myself staying on the table even if I have 50+BB sometimes if the table is juicy. I think, with my experience so far, that the SSS can be played well with a stack up to 40BB.

So just want to know how do you people deal with the stack size and if you follow the rules of 25BB described in one of the articles of the strategy section?
  • 3 replies
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      This SSS really can't be played with much more than 20bb, it's a question of when you and your opponent commit to the pot. It's certainly possible to play profitably with a medium stack but different from both a short stack and a big stack.

Instead, you might want to practice leaving the table and taking your seat back. Due a bug in party poker you can sometimes do this even if there's a waiting list. For maximum speed, sit out (wait until you are actually sat out), select the table in the lobby, press the leave table button then hit enter two times, the first of which closes the table and the second of which reopens it. Then you just frantically try to take the seat before it's reserved (mainly dragging the window so that the seat is visible in my experience).
    • AbouRachid
      AbouRachid
      Bronze
      I play on iPoker and I have to wait at least 1/2 hour to sit-in back with the min buy-in. Unless there's something I can do I dont know about.

For those who plays on iPoker(Titan), can you leave and immediately sit in with the min. buy-in?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Oh, iPoker, that feature really sucks for SSS players. I remember it forcing me to buy back in with two or three times the maximum (nothing wrong with THAT though :P ) after... what certainly felt like a long time.

I saw reference to a bug that lets you do this but I don't know the details, it's just not a very SSS friendly site. Maybe you could alternate with BSS play at the limit below.