[NL20-NL50] NL50: AQ 3b pot

• Zeffke
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $1.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, CO calls $4.00.

Flop: ($11.50) 5, 3, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.00, Hero calls $6.00.

Turn: ($23.50) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $14.00, Hero calls $14.00.

River: ($51.50) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $29.15(All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $50.

Villain is 22/17/3.3 over 862 hands, 3bet%=6.9, f3bet%=85%, wtsd=21%

I don't like my play at all, but I don't know how to play it better to maximize value against worse hands... (AJ, TT, JJ mainly). Turn is a real bad card but I thought he might know that as well and fire again to get me off AQ...

Fold turn already?
  • 4 replies
    • AninIII

do you contibet with air in 3-bet pots, too?
      If yes then just contibet to 7$ with TPGK, too.
      You are just beaten by AK, 33 and 55 (both unlikely), AA (very unlikely).
      If he calls I'd c/r turn and get it all-in. If he has AJ it's just a cooler and he made a mistake preflop.

What did he have?
      Let's see what the judges think.

Best regards,
    • nurmalna
      I like cbet more, because probably he calls tt, jj, qq. Turn I like to check call, cause sometimes they like to turn their pocket into bluff. On the river it is fold, he just wont bet with worse hand.

Sometimes I take same line like you did, Imo it isn`t bad at alll. River fold is right, he never bluff 3 streets. I think you have to call turn cause your flop check is weak. Against passive player i would fold turn.
    • Diedobal
      Fold to 3bet is 85% so imo he only has AK/AQ/AA when he really continues here.

Check+minreraise flop. Good to slow down AK/AJ and brings you in a much safer position. If he shoves you have an easy fold. Almost always set/AK then.
    • Kaitz20
      Since board is dry I don´t mind c/c him down and let him bluff his stack off, since if you c/c turn, then your range is a lot KK, QQ, TT and he can easily shove river for Ax for value or if he was floating hands like 56, 54, 57 then he can turn that to bluff and shove river
      Since there are flushdraw on the board you can also c/rai turn since he can easily b/c with worse hands
      General advice: don´t try to get away tpgk in 3-bet pots. People bluff enough times to call them down