The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $64.53
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $53.98
      MP: $50.00
      CO: $66.86
      BTN: $71.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with A :heart: J :heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.25, BB raises to $6.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($14.50) 7 :diamond: 8 :spade: A :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

Turn: ($31.50) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($31.50) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

BU is 31/19/0/2.1/33/71 (vpip/pfr/3bet/AF/ATS/f3bet) on 93 hands.
      BB is 18/15/7/3.3 (vpip/pfr/3bet/af) on 876 hands. Solid reg, definately knows how to apply squeeze profitably.

Preflop I just called a steal raise from the BU cause I didn't want to isolate myself against better hands postflop especially when I'm oop.

My mistake was not considering that I create a perfect squeezing spot for the BB - if I had noticed that i would have 3bet myself.

But since I just called and he indeed made a squeeze I called once again because he's surely able to make that move with worse Ace, broadways or speculative hands.

I estimate his range to 99+, A9s+, KJs+, T9s, 98s, ATo+, KQo (a little less than 10%). Vs that range I'm an underdog and I have 48% equity. Plus I'm oop so another reason to fold. But during the hand I've given myself a bit more equity (;) ) and I thought that he doesn't expect me to coldcall twice so he'll have hard time putting me on a range and would be out of his comfort zone which might work out good for me.

I know my thought process has it's leaks so probably just 3bet preflop and it all looks far easier...
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      31/19 would call worse hands pf if you´re aggressive 3-bettor, so to me it is easy 3-bet for value
      don´t really like calling oop, since you´re often dominated and you miss 2/3 times, so you have to c/f to his wide c-bet
      So that leaves either shove or fold imo.
      I would c/r flop and play for stacks
      If you´re c/c flop and then c/f turn, then you´re really playing your hands weak oop and if you c/c flop and call him down then you sometimes are ahead, but often he´d check down with worse hands
      So better is take initiative and put him on decision if he wants to play for stacks. If he has worse Ax hand then it is really hard to fold his hand and you also give him opportunity to shove if he has draws and sometimes TT+