[NL2-NL10] NL5 KQo got min-reraised, FD on flop

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Hero:
      $5,15
      SB:
      $4,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $0,16, 4 folds, SB raises to $0,28, BB folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,60) A:heart: , 5:spade: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,30, SB calls $0,30.

HPSB fine here or should it have been a bit bigger like 2/3 or 3/4? It seemed a bit weird with his check here on flop after reraising me preflop, although minreraise.

Turn: ($1,20) K:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Should I have bet here instead of checking?

River: ($1,20) J:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero folds.

I dont believe I can call this with my pair of Kings with an A on the board and busted FD, very bad potodds too. But perhaps I couldve made a blocking bet or perhaps thats not a good idea in this spot?

Final Pot: $2,20

Im especially unsure about the betting sequence I used here.
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi snowylee!

I wouldn't bet the flop here. His check looks very suspicious. Take your freecard. The turn helps you a bit, so I would bet here because he checks to you again and shows weakness. After his big riverbet you have an easy fold.
      Btw.: A blocking bet is impossible because you are in position.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Lol yeah, stupid me (about the blocking bet). And yes, I will have to try to play it smarter and less aggro. It really feels like Ive degenerated the last couple of weeks. Discipline up! :)

(For the next time). After checking behind on the flop, how big should my bet be on the turn? And if he just calls the turn bet should I believe I should just check behind on the river?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Yes, if you bet on the turn (~half pot size) and get called, just check behind.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81