question about Outs and Odds chart

• lincristian
      lincristian
      Silver
      hi every one !

i was reading Short Stack Strategy: Outs and Odds , there is a Outs and Odds chart
      i found that we only use the firat part of the chart (Odds from Flop to the Turn (1 card)) for outs and odds , and never use the second part of the chart (Odds from Flop to the River (2 cards)) and there is no example for how to use it . or i am missing some thing ???
      so please any one can tell me how to use the second part of the chart (Odds from Flop to the River (2 cards))

thanks

• 6 replies
    • primeirodeouro
      primeirodeouro
      Bronze
      for example when you shove on the flop :) You use this part when you getting for free river card
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey lincristian,

As primeirodeouro has stated in you, say for example or facing a push by the villain on the flop, you can use the 2nd part of the chart, From Flop to River, as you are guaranteed to see the next two streets if you call.

Example:

You are holding AhQh and the flop comes 9h7h2h

The pot is $70 and the villain pushes all in for his remaining $30.

So you have to call $30 to win $100 (pot odds of 3.3:1)

You look at the chart and using the second row of the chart you see that you need at least 2:1 odds to profitably call.

Seeing as you will be getting 3.3:1 on the pot odds you can profitably call.

Hope this helps,
      -Steve
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hey lincristian,

As primeirodeouro has stated in you, say for example or facing a push by the villain on the flop, you can use the 2nd part of the chart, From Flop to River, as you are guaranteed to see the next two streets if you call.

Example:

You look at the chart and using the second row of the chart you see that you need at least 2:1 odds to profitably call.

Hope this helps,
      -Steve
      If you only get 1.5:1 odds you should probably fold. ;)
    • SoWe
      SoWe
      Global
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hey lincristian,

Example:

Hope this helps,
      -Steve
      I don't understand why we would need odds and outs in that flop as we have le nüts it seems?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey SoWe,

I agree it was probably the wrong example to use seeing as we have the nuts :) but it was just used for simplicity as well as the first thing that came to mind ;)

Regards,
      -Steve
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Silver
      thanks for yours reply it really help :D