[NL2-NL10] NL2 ATo

• michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Hi all

I think I played this pretty badly, there was no need to get it all in on the flop I think.

I think I did what I did probably because I decided to give him not too much credit, after playing at NL5.

I could have called and re-evaluated the turn?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $1.92
      UTG2:
      $2.75
      MP1:
      $1.68
      MP2:
      $0.44
      MP3(Hero):
      $2.00
      CO:
      $2.13
      BU:
      $1.26
      SB:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, A.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.25) 5, T, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, BU raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $1.90, BU calls $0.84.

Turn: ($3.31) T (2 players)

River: ($3.31) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.31.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Don't think calling is a good option here. There are too many turn cards that make you :( . Plus, you are out of position and don't want to give draws a free card.

BU is 60bb deep and will likely ship the flop lightish, so I just shove. If you have a good reason to think BU's range is strong (passive with draws, doesn't stack off light, etc), then just fold flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Don't think calling is a good option here. There are too many turn cards that make you :( . Plus, you are out of position and don't want to give draws a free card.

BU is 60bb deep and will likely ship the flop lightish, so I just shove. If you have a good reason to think BU's range is strong (passive with draws, doesn't stack off light, etc), then just fold flop.
      This. Don't second guess your TPTK hands too much against unknown halfstackers.