This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Quiz of the Week: Marginal Multi-way Spots - Full Ring

• awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Hello fellow PokerStrategists!

Playing marginal spots in unraised multi-way spots is an often neglected aspect of the full ring game.

Seeing how full ring games are usually very tight in comparison to short-handed tables, most players prefer waiting for a good hand rather than trying to squeeze out every inch of value from marginal spots.

Paying more attention to small unraised pots where you have position however opens up a very attractive venue to increase your winning rate.

Do you thoroughly consider every single pot, even those who are seemingly unimportant? Check it out on for yourself:

• 4 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      great it pointed me out that i play way to passive in multipot ways. But I always found than when there 4 people or more still in the hand in most case bluff or semi bluff (which in my opinion on the turn is near enough a bluff as well) is totally futile.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      great it pointed me out that i play way to passive in multipot ways. But I always found than when there 4 people or more still in the hand in most case bluff or semi bluff (which in my opinion on the turn is near enough a bluff as well) is totally futile.
      Indeed.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      It depends a lot on the opponent, but it is nonetheless a spot where you can increase your win rate if you start thinking about whether the situation is favourable. It might be unnecessary, but certainly not futile.
    • DaveWalliams
      DaveWalliams
      Bronze
      It's interesting to imagine how one would play those spots heads up against a lAG.....

Interesting quiz though I'm pleased I got a good score and I learnt from where I scored 1 point or less.