Are there actually any poker sites that don't take the piss out of you?

• 12 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      This is a joke post right? Please tell me it's a level ...

Edit: Next time post the hand. At least that way we can say, "Yup variance" or "No, don't do that."
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Enomai,

I don't personally believe that PokerStars are deliberately trying to take the piss out of you, its just poker.

Yes there are times when, like you say, you get in with the nuts only for the villain to hit runner runner for a better hand. Its the same from site to site. Its just the variance of poker in my personal opinion.

Also i bet there have been occasions when you have been in the same position where you have been behind on the flop only to hit your two outer etc. to make the winning hand against the villains flopped nuts.

We, as poker players, sometimes only remember the bad beats against us but seem to forget all too easily when we have done the same to others :) .

I don't personally think that going to another site will solve this situation.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • richard1817
      richard1817
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Enomai
      Just about sick of having Pokerstars lure me all-in with the nuts only to have some bs runner runner take me out. Are there actually any sites where you don't see way too much of this sort of bollocks or should I just give up on online poker altogether?
      thank you for making my day
    • PokerAddict36
      PokerAddict36
      Bronze
      Just about sick of having Pokerstars lure me all-in with the nuts only to have some bs runner runner take me out. Are there actually any sites where you don't see way too much of this sort of bollocks or should I just give up on online poker altogether?
      You should prob leave cause you have the sample to prove your point
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      i actually opened this thread expecting it to be about rake.

but nope, another idiot whining.
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      +1

Bad beats and variance gets us all, I've lost 12BI in two weeks.

Banned myself for a week then give it another shot with a fresh outlook after watching some more videos and strategy articles.

Add notes to the fish that chase draws with the odds stacked against them, every bad beat is a hand where you were favourite. Plenty of money to be made out of these guys in the long run.

Don't tilt due to it as you will become as bad as them as I found out hence the disiplinary measure of no poker for at least a week till i've done my homework.
    • paranoid1974
      paranoid1974
      Bronze
      I haven't played online for an overly long time, but I could, like most regulars, write a novel highlighting all the bad beats I've had. That's poker, so u just suck it up, and hope people keep getting their money in against u with the worst hand. As long as your bankroll is growing over time, bad beats are not the end of the world.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      you know its random right? its actually more random then live play cuz the computer does it. in live play the dealer has to keep shuffling, but online the computer has a random ratio.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Ave27
      you know its random right? its actually more random then live play cuz the computer does it. in live play the dealer has to keep shuffling, but online the computer has a random ratio.
      Actually the opposite is true. Computers can not create true random....pretty dam close though.
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I just wanted to post my bad beat on Fulltilt "Rush" had A-Q v Q-Q flop comes A-5-5 check check 7 i push she calls Q on the river i was sick.
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      Originally posted by Ave27
      Actually the opposite is true. Computers can not create true random....pretty dam close though.
      no, but its more random then the dealer shuffling it a few times.