[NL2-NL10] NL20 AQo against a donk

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      HI... This hand was played against a donk and I´m not sure if I should have let go

FR table NL20

UTG+1 ($8,00)
      MP1 ( $15,31)
      MP2 ( $24,90)

Hero CO ( $22,25)

Hero (AQo)

Preflop
      UTG+1 calls $0,20; MP1 raise $1,00; MP2 calls $1,00; Hero calls $1,00; UTG+1 calls $0,80

Pot ($4,30)
      Flop ( Qs,6c,3d)

UTG+1 check, MP1 bet $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00, hero raise $2,00, UTG+1 allin $7,81, 2 folds, hero calls $5,81

Turn ( 2c)

River ( 4s)

should I have raised more on the flop?
      Should let go after the allin, considering that the guy was a complete donk?
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Gungunhana!

Please use a hand converter when you are posting hands. You can find them in this news: "Hand Converter"

Concerning your hand: I would reraise preflop (to $5) because AQ loses a lot of equity if you are playing against multiple opponents. By reraising preflop you push some of your opponents (maybe all) out of the pot, isolate the bad player and play a bigger pot in position (you are always last to act in the next betting rounds). If you get reraised you can fold. Like you played it: Never ever minraise on the flop! Either go with it if you think you have the best hand or fold, but don't minraise.

I strongly recommend that you reread some of our strategy articles. Especially the postflop articles.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Hi Puschkin81

Sry about the hand converter but I haven´t reached the 2000 PS points to get the pocker tracker licence and the converter only works with Titan from pocker tracker.

The starting hands chart for BSS tells me to call with AQo pre flop after one raise, so I´m in doubt now. Have I interpreted the chart wrong?

As for the flop bet , you are absolutely correct. I should have bet pot size as my top pair is not the best possible hand, right?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      No, you didn't interpret the chart wrong. It's just my aggressive style of play which recommends you to play this way :D

Yes, you are right. You should have raised potsize to protect your hand and to see what you are up against.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81