FTP Challenges

• chrystynaP
      chrystynaP
      Bronze
      Hey all,

I found that it will be great to take part of some of the challenges, but I am a little bit confused about that. Example this Chris Ferguson's bankroll management challenge. The last task there is to increase your bankroll 25% but if I read task details there are a point: If you redeposit, your bankroll will be reset to the amount in your account at the time of the redeposit.
      Okey.. is that means if I got my rakeback then they take my money away from me?
      And doese these challenges affect my rakeback somehow?

Thaks if anyone here can help me out :) cheers! and good luck at the tables.
  • 6 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi chrystynaP,

Full Tilt will never deduct money from your account and they will not take back any rakeback already paid out (unless some obscure genuine mistake in paying).

Rakeback is paid out on +ve Net Earned Rake balances, if you end up in a -ve N.E.R. balance, the -ve amount will be held and carried over into your following week (with no rakeback being paid out that week).

So in answer to your question, spending ftp's will affect your rakeback, but money will not be deducted from your account, you just will need to clear any -ve amount before once again receiving rakeback.

Full details/calcs etc in the following thread:

Best regards,

Bart
    • chrystynaP
      chrystynaP
      Bronze
      is it means that.. if I am going to complete this challenge and gets this challenge credits, this affects my rakeback?
      uuh I am still confused.. sorry about that :D
      okey I ask a simple question :D If I am goint to take one of the challenges, does any of these affect my rakeback or bankroll or smt. like that.. even if I redeposti(got rakeback at the time I am taking part of the challenge)) ?
      And what exactly this means: If you redeposit, your bankroll will be reset to the amount in your account at the time of the redeposit.
      and now I have one question more.. If I play some small ftp satellit tourney like 300ftp and win my seat to another tourney which has 2500 buy in and I unregister there.. does it affect something?
      Ok sorry if these are stupid questions, but I really appreciate that If anyone take a time to explaint it for me.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hello again,

Ok, I'll try to split this down into short straightforward answers:

* If you spend FTP points, it will affect your rakeback

* Spending FTP points will not affect your current bankroll total

* Depositing will affect your rakeback, but the deduction is small

* Not sure what you mean by challenges (ftp challenge will affect rakeback, the academy challenges wil not directly until you go to spend the academy credits)

* If you buyin to a satellite for 300 FTP, your net earned rake which will reduced by approximate $1.50 (300x$0.005). This will reduce your rakeback by approx $0.41 (27% of $1.50).

* Winning an FTP buyin satellite doesn't affect your rakeback directly, you can unregister and receive the prize (2,500 FTP points in your example), but if you then go on to spend those FTP points, your net earned rake is reduced by $0.005 / per FTP point.

Think this have covered your questions, if not just shout.

Maybe explain exactly (or link) which challenge you are referring to.

Best regards,

Bart
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      And how is rakeback affected when you spend FTPA credits?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Let me rephrase the OP's question.
      There is some kind of challenge in the Academy where you have to increase your BR by 25%. But apparently if you deposit while trying to do that you have to start over again.
      And the original question was how does that work with the rakeback payment. If that counts as a deposit for this purpose or if they hold up the payment while you're working on the challenge or neither.

Here, now you can tell him that he cannot seriously expect us to know that and should contact FT support.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      Let me rephrase the OP's question.
      There is some kind of challenge in the Academy where you have to increase your BR by 25%. But apparently if you deposit while trying to do that you have to start over again.
      And the original question was how does that work with the rakeback payment. If that counts as a deposit for this purpose or if they hold up the payment while you're working on the challenge or neither.

Here, now you can tell him that he cannot seriously expect us to know that and should contact FT support.
      Hi Lubor,

Thanks for clarifying, sorry I wasn't aware of that challenge and yeah I have no idea as not encountered anyone that tried it.

Full Tilt support is the way to go, but OP please do post their response so that it can help other members trying this challenge.

Best regards,

Bart
      @mafaz: Academy credits will deduct between $0.05 & $0.06 each from N.E.R. (calculated from the bonuses and token purchases in store). You will lose 27% of this value from rakeback. I'll update the FAQ sticky thread.