Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $5.06
      Hero:
      $5.10

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 2:heart: , 5:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.36, CO calls $0.18.

Turn: ($1.10) Q:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.36, CO folds.

Final Pot: $2.98

on this super dry board, should i have just called the villain on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Eh, raise flop more, to about .45 - .50, then maybe call a turn. I don't see him having anything better than a 1 pair, maybe some 99-JJ, or overpair so the turn may be a scare card. I'd call the turn, then evaluate the river situation. It's doubtful he has a draw so it's safe to let him draw to 2 outs.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by buhhy
      Eh, raise flop more, to about .45 - .50, then maybe call a turn. I don't see him having anything better than a 1 pair, maybe some 99-JJ, or overpair so the turn may be a scare card. I'd call the turn, then evaluate the river situation. It's doubtful he has a draw so it's safe to let him draw to 2 outs.
      Agreed. When he doesn't 3bet the flop and donks out the turn smallish he's mostly saying he doesn't have a strong enough hand to get all-in, so buhhy's line will likely get your more value out of his weakish range. If he donks again the river just jam on him, if he doesn't make a valuebet he can call with 7x/88-99 type of hand.

If somehow we're wrong about him being weak on the turn, it doesn't matter since with a strong hand he'll lead the river again or check/shove on us, so we're still getting the money.

Hope it helps.