This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 set overplayed?

• Termis
      Termis
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $5.06
      Hero:
      $5.10

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) 2:heart: , 5:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.36, CO calls $0.18.

Turn: ($1.10) Q:spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.52, Hero raises to $1.36, CO folds.

Final Pot: $2.98

on this super dry board, should i have just called the villain on the turn?
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Eh, raise flop more, to about .45 - .50, then maybe call a turn. I don't see him having anything better than a 1 pair, maybe some 99-JJ, or overpair so the turn may be a scare card. I'd call the turn, then evaluate the river situation. It's doubtful he has a draw so it's safe to let him draw to 2 outs.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by buhhy
      Eh, raise flop more, to about .45 - .50, then maybe call a turn. I don't see him having anything better than a 1 pair, maybe some 99-JJ, or overpair so the turn may be a scare card. I'd call the turn, then evaluate the river situation. It's doubtful he has a draw so it's safe to let him draw to 2 outs.
      Agreed. When he doesn't 3bet the flop and donks out the turn smallish he's mostly saying he doesn't have a strong enough hand to get all-in, so buhhy's line will likely get your more value out of his weakish range. If he donks again the river just jam on him, if he doesn't make a valuebet he can call with 7x/88-99 type of hand.

If somehow we're wrong about him being weak on the turn, it doesn't matter since with a strong hand he'll lead the river again or check/shove on us, so we're still getting the money.

Hope it helps.