Stack
      UTG2:
      $10.11
      MP2:
      $5.04
      Hero:
      $7.75

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:diamond: , T:heart:
      UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.20, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.58) 9:heart: , 8:spade: , 4:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.42, UTG2 calls $0.42.

Turn: ($1.42) K:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.42) 9:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.42

I'm not sure how should i play these straight/flush draws. Most often I just try to take down the pot once and after that just give up, because if villain called once, he probably will call twice
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      This line screams of a marginal hand like a low pocket pair or suited connectors, I'd double barrel that scare card turn and maybe even triple barrel. I doubt he has anything higher than a pair of 8's so he'll likely fold to some heavy aggression.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by buhhy
      This line screams of a marginal hand like a low pocket pair or suited connectors, I'd double barrel that scare card turn and maybe even triple barrel. I doubt he has anything higher than a pair of 8's so he'll likely fold to some heavy aggression.
      I agree it's worth a shot on the turn, go ahead and fire like $1 in there.

As played i might actually also bluff the river. If he had Kx or 9x he should sometimes lead the river, and i think such a player is tight enough to maybe fold something like 8x/77-55 that he peeled the bluff with, as well as other busted draws that are actually ahead of us or flipping with us like QJ/JT.

Hope it helps.