Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7.55
      Hero:
      $5.66

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 6:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 9:diamond: , Q:diamond: , K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08. <-- these small bets are confusing. I see that so often in low limits. sometimes they bet small and call any raise and sometimes even 3bets u

Turn: ($0.52) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.52) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.48, Hero raises to $1.45, SB folds.

Final Pot: $2.45
  • 2 replies
    • buhhy
      buhhy
      Bronze
      Lol, isn't this NL4?

Anyways, when they bet so small on the flop, they tend to have either a draw or medium to underpair. Well, the board is kinda drawy and your hand doesn't really have showdown value, so I would probably try a bluff raise on the flop and see what he does on the turn. If he checks a blank turn like that, it mostly confirms he's weak so I'd bet the turn and continue betting a blankish non-diamond river as a bluff.

Regarding the 3bet, I see that mainly on the turn, sometimes river, where they small bet/3bet shove you with a strong hand.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think both calling and raising are fine on the flop, raising is probably better considering how aggressive SB looks, we can't stand much pressure with that hand and the turn is going to make the board impossible for us to continue on a lot of the time. When you raise it's sort of a bastard raise, you'll get some value out of draws and you might get some better hands to fold, as well as some unpaired hands that have a few outs twice against you.

I wouldn't turn my hand into a full blown pure bluff on the turn tho, such a player is very likely to bet/call that flop with better hands as well as draws that he's going to check/call again on pretty much any turn. At that point i'm just checking behind and reevaluating on the river.

Hope it helps.