Just frustrated, bad luck or what?

• ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      I got free money on 2 pokerrooms so far, and I doubled up my bankroll in first two days of playing on both pookerrooms, and after that I just keep losing money, I cant win anything. Bad beat after bad beat, I seat for two hours and dont win a hand. I mean come on, what is that? In first 2 days I am just wining, and then just losing, is there a sence in this **** that is happening to me?
  • 25 replies
    • corsair33
      corsair33
      Bronze
      Have you played in limits beyond your bankroll?
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      I had to on Everest, I got 50$, and smalest limit there is 0.05$/0.10$.
      On Cake I got 25$, and I am playing only 0.02$/0.04$, HSS = I am buying in for 2$, got up to 60$ in 3 days, and now I just keep losing, I am down to 36$. I am afraid for my bankroll.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZexKK
      Your Everest is broken.
    • saxemephone
      saxemephone
      Bronze
      I am playing only 0.02$/0.04$, HSS = I am buying in for 2$

Don't play a half stack. Either play SSS (20bb buy-in) or BSS (100bb buy-in).
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Day one and two you ran hot.

Day 3 you stopped 'getting lucky'

Day 4 - hopefully you realise that you have a lot to learn about poker.
    • mondahoops
      mondahoops
      Bronze
      going through same thing m8.
      practising bankroll management as best i can and its saved me from going broke......
      chin up my friend things will improve.....cant get any worse by the sounds of it??????
      my feeling is that.....sss.......can be very expensive during a downswing
      im getting river b/beat after b/beat also....on 4 sites...which rules out
      any conspirecy thots lol....u know wot i mean
      good luck m8.....and remember wot D-REAM SANG ???? "Things can only get better".............
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      OK, my Everest must be broken, when I played in January on that Everest program I downloaded smallest game was 0.05$/0.10$, so it probably was sometnihg wrong with that software.
      Anyway I am new to cash game, I played a lot of tournaments last year, mostly freeroll's, but from november I played sit'n'go-s on Pokerstars.
      Started playing cash game for the first time like I said in January on Everest.

Yes I probably got lucky first 2 days, because I doubled up my bankroll, playing 0.05$/0.10$ playing HSS.
      Let me get this clear, I dont like to play SSS, and when I don't have enoght money in bankroll for BSS I play HSS.
      Anyway, on Everest I was tilting a lot when I started losing, and along that I had no patience to collect points, went to higher stakes to get more points per hands, and because of that and tilt I went broke.
      I understood that was very wrong, and then I read a lot of Pokerstrategy articles, about bankroll management and self management, and articles about tilt. I also read many articles about BSS Strategy.
      Armed with new knowledge I started playing on Cake, got 25$ (+75$ pending bonus), and in first 3 days I got up to 63$ playing 0.02$/0.04$, HSS=buy in with 2$.

Then again like on Everest bad beat after bad beat and just losing money.
      But I was holding to Pokerstrategy way, and I wasn't tilting, wasn't going on higher stakes, and I started to win money again. Now I am around 50$ and I have a lot patience, not rushing anywere to increase bankroll or to get a lot of points.

I started this thread, because it was very strange to me, that I doubled up my banroll in 2 days, and then just started losing, but now I understand there are downswings, periods when you are just unlucky, and I have patience. This Pokerstrategy articles helped a lot.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      happens alot. i started losing when i first played but kept at it cos i enjoyed playing. didnt really try to learn though. Hit a nice heater and man i was the king of poker. had visions of fast cars and hot women (pissed my wife off something shocking). The reality bit and lost it all in about a week. 12 months of learning and with a nice ist place in a $6 90 man SNG tonight my bankroll hit $1000. Not huge but 12% over the last 2000 games so i think thats proof that if you stick at it, the good times will come and stay.

my key learning was that bad beats are only bad beats when you played the hand well. if you dont bet enough to drive away that flush draw or two overcards then its not a bad beat - its a bad bet.

the articless here are great , but i found the forums and the hand analysis are +ev big time
    • Bubalus
      Bubalus
      Bronze
      Next to Custom List is a Wrench button. Click on it and select the 0.01/0.02 limits there.
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Ok, here we go again.
      As I said before I got 25$ on Cake, went to 50$, and i was at 50$ for few days.
      i was tyred playing at lowest limits in poker, where shortstack donks play anything, so I started playing on 0.05$/0.10$ with 50$ bankroll, Half Stack Strategy with 5$ buy in.
      First day I won 20$, next day I won 19$. a

And 3rd day I lost 8$ so far.
      My AA was cracked every time, or uncalled.
      KK ran in to AA, straight was beat with flush...

So, I would realy like to win money like fist 2 days, but anywhere I play, its like, I can win money just that first 2 days.
      I will keep trying and I will let you know of my progress.
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Right now I had very bad beat.
      10$ pot (on 0.05$/0.10$).
      I had QQ, and guy floped set of sixes.
      It's like I'm cursed.
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      And how not to tilt, I am full of tilt right now.
      I can't even play anymore today. I lost 20$ today on bad beats,
      I always started good first few days, start thinking this might be profitable, and then just bad beat after bad beat.
      Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
      And I didn't tilt in poker room, didn't play weak hands, but its like, luck is most important thing here.
      So frustrated
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      chill dude.

poker can be cruel sometimes. I've had to endure 3 months where my bankroll was break-even, despite knowing that i played good poker.

what you need is now patience, and better bankroll management. I noticed that you are playing above what your roll allows you to. That is the biggest sin. Before you know it, you might end up at the point of no return and your bankroll just never recovers.

Stick to at least a 25BI rule. That will make sure that you have enough to come back even when you are running bad.

Also i don't know anything about this HSS that you talk about. Here in PS, we either go buy SSS or BSS. And we only play limit where you have a minimum of 25 BI for.
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
      Sorry,
      I was just frustrated about the fact that poker is being so cruel to me.
      First I got heater for few days, win a lot of money, and then on bad beats goes everything I earned. I would be happy to win every day a little instead.
      Yes, true, I need patience, I would love to have that.
      And I know everything about bankroll management.
      I broke the rules because I don't wont play on lowest limits anymore.
      But when I'll have 25 buy-in's for 0.05$/0.10$, I'll start with 25 buy-in's rule.
      It's risky, I know.

SSS sucks, and BSS is good, but HSS is also good, if PS does not recommend that, it does not mean I can't play it.
      I buy in with 50BB, and play like BSS.
      Whats wrong about that?
      I had success with this strategy. I won 400BB in 2 days playing HSS, so it's good to me.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      There's a ton of droolers on Everest so you really have to play your tight solid A-game. Luckily simple ABC poker gets the job done. If you are using anything but the basic strategy in the White articles on Everest then you are probably doing it wrong.
    • m4rr3co
      m4rr3co
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by ZexKK
      Your Everest is broken.
      i think this is waaaaaay the best answer :D :D :D :D

btw...i have some friends playing at everest, none of them likes it x_x
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      "And I know everything about bankroll management.
      I broke the rules because I don't wont play on lowest limits anymore.
      But when I'll have 25 buy-in's for 0.05$/0.10$, I'll start with 25 buy-in's rule.

everything except to follow it......
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Are you asking for help or just complaining?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Silver
      Things wont get better..
      You have to make things get better..