This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Fr Nl10: 44

• cash4mebg
      cash4mebg
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.21
      BB:
      $13.51
      UTG1:
      $7.46
      UTG2:
      $11.81
      MP1:
      $8.68
      MP2:
      $9.10
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 4, 4.
      MP3 posts deadblind, 4 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.40, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.15) J, 7, A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.35) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BB raises to $2.20, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.45.
      Preflop I wanted to isolate MP3, because he posted deadblind. Colecting the blinds would be nice, and if someone calls I still have position and a playable hand postflop. Flop is an easy c-bet I think. BB is very loose, almost 70 vpip and he could basically have any two. The turn gets tricky, I put him most of the time on a flushdraw or Jx hand. Any Ax he would raise on flop I think, because he should protect. I go for raise turn for freeshowdown, because he could fold Jx hand, I get called by flushdraws, because he is loose enough to do it. To the reraise I don't have any other option than fold ?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Hi.

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: Not the 100% greatest cbet board, but should b ok for mentioned reasons if BB has the ability to fold some stuff. Would make it a tiny bit larger.

Turn: Good in theory, since BB can fold weak make hands, call with flush draws, and it's harder for him to have Ax. But I don't really think 70vip players are in the habit of folding much here, so would just check behind and give up.

Would also make bet size larger. Large bet = greater fold equity vs Jx etc, more value from draws. Small bet = less fold equity, less value from draws.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      loose players won´t fold there flushdraws, Jx or flushdraws to your turn barrel.
      So I´d prefer check back turn and either call or fold to his river bet if he decides to bet