High Stakes Poker Season 6 - Episode 1

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      High Stakes Poker Season 6 just kicked off, with Gabe Kaplan and Kara Scott as hosts.

The players list for this season is quite impressive:

• Phil Ivey
      • Daniel Negreanu
      • Patrik Antonius
      • Tom "durrrr" Dwan
      • Doyle Brunson
      • David Benyamine
      • Barry Greenstein
      • Eli Elezra
      • Phil Hellmuth
      • Antonio Esfandiari
      • Mike Matusow
      • Dennis Phillips
      • Andreas Hoivold
      • Lex Veldhuis

Here is the first episode of this season (split into 5 parts)

What are your thoughts on this new season? What do you think about the players, the hosts, the show in general, the hands played? Discuss.
  • 31 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Phil Hellmuth is so freaking bad
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      it's not that hellmuth dosnt know how to play, it's just that he slightly, just slightly overestimates himself :D As Negreanu said, he will get crushed time and time again if he plays a cash game vs PA, Ivey, durrrr, he can't beat them, not ever :D
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I just love to see Phil Hellmuth getting crushed over and over again :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      nice of you to collect them here vhallee. you da man!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      phil running bad as always on tv, ivey having one of the sickest runs of cards i've ever seen.

btw, if ivey signed up for pokerstrategy.com would he become a black member instantly?
    • fakedurrr
      fakedurrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      phil running bad as always on tv, ivey having one of the sickest runs of cards i've ever seen.

btw, if ivey signed up for pokerstrategy.com would he become a black member instantly?
      wanna try and fake his ID to be BM? good idea ...
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Wow, what country are you from where this isn't the most racist comment on earth?
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Wow, what country are you from where this isn't the most racist comment on earth?
      I believe (and hope) that ihufa was mentioning the amount of StrategyPoints he could make by playing tracked, not his skin colour.
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      Season 6..got to watch!
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze

Don't think so. Instead he would be creating new threads asking why Full Tilt won't retrack his account :D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      i wasn't even aware that he was black. my sincere apologies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze

PHIL IZ WATCHIN U!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      what's Will Smith doing in this thread
    • DaveWalliams
      DaveWalliams
      Bronze
      I don't normally rate PH's cash game at all but he played the king high flush hand well in only losing the minimum. Also, in regards to the new format, it was interesting hearing Antonio's thoughts about the hand, especially how to extract value on the river immdediately after it. Thinking on that level is something I seriously need to improve on. Maybe it's obvious to a lot of players here but I'm just a lowly micro-stakes player.

I don't like the new format in general though -- it makes it too much like poker after dark. They need AJ back!! I used to think the banter between AJ and the other dude was wearing a bit thin but it's just not the same without it...
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I don't normally rate PH's cash game at all but he played the king high flush hand well in only losing the minimum.

Disagree. Sure, when you can see hole cards, it looks like good play. But he's losing value in the long run if he's just calling with second nuts. But "long run" will not be the case for mister Lolmuth.
    • DaveWalliams
      DaveWalliams
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      I don't normally rate PH's cash game at all but he played the king high flush hand well in only losing the minimum.

Disagree. Sure, when you can see hole cards, it looks like good play. But he's losing value in the long run if he's just calling with second nuts. But "long run" will not be the case for mister Lolmuth.
      Fair enough I see your point but if he value raises surely he's only being called by a hand that beats his, i.e. the ace high flush. Is that right or am I missing something??
    • exxo1
      exxo1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof

Esfandiari wouldn't call a big river raise from Hellmuth on that board without the nut flush. PH knows that, hence no need to raise.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      I used to love HSP and watched all the season from 1 to 5 .. I definitely miss AJ Benza and I think it was a very bad decision to leave him out .. Kara is nice but the talk between AJ and Gabe was definitely much more interesting and fun imho

BTW. I just love watching the Emperor bust :-D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Phil knows everything