This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS straight on flush board in HU

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,80
      MP2:
      $11,18

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 6:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,60) 8:diamond: , 4:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,25, Hero raises to $1,00, MP2 calls $0,75.

Turn: ($2,60) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3,55 (All-In), MP2 calls $3,55.

River: ($9,70) Q:spade:

Final Pot: $9,70

Don´t know how to play my straight. I chose check/raise- push if any :diamond: wouldn´t come. I think that better way should be check/call all the way if there doesn´t come 4th diamond. That´s just so sick, that I´ve flopped straight and I´m drawing dead. Nothing to win, much to loose.
  • 3 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I would never risk a free-card here as you may possibly:

Get outdrawn.

Lose your action.

Or get bluffed out if another :diamond: comes.

I also like to be seen to bet my occasional monsters from the BB as I like to sometimes bluff from here as well.

$0.50 bet on the flop from me and if I win no more on the hand then so be it.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Honestly I like to push that flop. His bet more looks like a try to see a cheap Turn and he is on a Draw. Even your Straight can be outdrawn by another Straight. Thats why I would push here, to let a FD pay.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      If he would like to see a cheap turn card he could easily check/behind. I would bet on the flop (~$0.60) and push to a raise. As you played it: nice push on the turn.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81