[NL2-NL10] [NL10] KJo vs MP3 openraise, flatcalled, raised on 4h4dJd board vs TAG

• RoyG85
      RoyG85
      Bronze
      Looking back at the hand now, I would say flop is a definte fold. However me calling his raise here got me into deep trouble and a overestimation on my own hand having top 2 pair after a bad call on the flop.

Analyzing my own hand using equilator for all streets and narrowing down his ranges, my conclusions are calling flop raise was bad but not totally illogical however counting in his range on what he shud minimally semi-bluff raise my cbet with (counting in flush draws), my call is bad. However as played after the K dropped, it shows that it isnt played that bad on the turn which shows about 50/50 against his range on turn. But on river calling the shove i think was out of proportion since on that river i dont think he would have shoved many hands i wud beat, but rather c/c those, and shove/bet the hands i didnt beat.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.86
      MP3:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , J:heart:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.70) 4:heart: , 4:diamond: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.44, MP3 raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.96.

Turn: ($3.50) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75.

River: ($9.00) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $6.30 (All-In), Hero calls $6.30.

Final Pot: $21.60

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Kd Jh)
      MP3 shows two pairs, aces and fours (Ac Ad)

MP3 wins with two pairs, aces and fours (Ac Ad)
  • 2 replies
    • cash4mebg
      cash4mebg
      Bronze
      Something is wrong with hand, MP3 bets 3bb preflop and you cold call KJo OOP. That is definitely a fold for me. If you had a read that he is way to loose pfr, postflop probably is good, if not I think the main mistake is preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by cash4mebg
      Something is wrong with hand, MP3 bets 3bb preflop and you cold call KJo OOP. That is definitely a fold for me. If you had a read that he is way to loose pfr, postflop probably is good, if not I think the main mistake is preflop.
      This. You can't really play KJo profitably out of position against a 14/13's hijack range, it'll get you into more trouble than it's worth.

As played just check/call the flop, most of his range is either ahead of you or it's pure air that a 14/13 will just fold to your donkbet, check/calling is way better.

As played you donked and he raised, putting yourself in the worst possible spot in that hand. Against him i think it's just a fold, he's not raising a worse made hand and he might not even raise a draw on a paired board, calling down out of position against a guy who appears tight you're just bluff-catching against a possible empty bluff range.

Hope it helps.