pay small blind with 25BB stack?

• splur
      splur
      Bronze
      SSS dictates that we have to leave the table when out stack is larger than 25BB. I always wait untill i have to pay the big blind, no use waisting some free cards.
      But what if we won a hand in BB position? We are in the small blind in the next hand. Do we put in the SB to get some cheap hands, or do we leave the table with our winnings? Is that decision dependent on the ssize of our stack?
  • 6 replies
    • qcjunior
      qcjunior
      Bronze
      leave the table before you pay the BB,@UTG1.
      When you pay the SB,&BB in a round, that can be considered the fee for that round,(full ring 9-10 hands)it starts at the BB and stops at UTG1.
      Playing the BB then leaving the table,would be like paying a fee for 1 of 10 hands,in fact waisting some free cards,8-9 hands after the SB.
    • splur
      splur
      Bronze
      I think you misunderstand my question.
      The situation was this:
      I am on the big blind with 20BB. I get two aces and win a nice pot. My stack is now 30BB. Next turn, I will have to pay 1BB, this allows me to see another nine hands. This is quite cheap compared to 3BB for ten hands. And yet, the strategy tells me to leave the table.
      The question is, do I pay the 1BB or leave the table? Does my stacksize influence that decision?
    • Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by splur
      I think you misunderstand my question.
      The situation was this:
      I am on the big blind with 20BB. I get two aces and win a nice pot. My stack is now 30BB. Next turn, I will have to pay 1BB, this allows me to see another nine hands. This is quite cheap compared to 3BB for ten hands. And yet, the strategy tells me to leave the table.
      The question is, do I pay the 1BB or leave the table? Does my stacksize influence that decision?
      You don't pay 1BB in SB, but only half big blind and 1Big blind in Big blind :)
      So you pay 1,5BB for an orbit and on some limits, its only 1,33BB for orbit.

And to answer your question: You can stay at the table, if you can adjust your strategy to you stack size. It also depends on amount of tables you play. If you have many tables to choose, you can leave and if you don't, then stay :)
    • splur
      splur
      Bronze
      Thanks, I guess that means I stay if I don't double up.
      There are not enough tables at Pacific Poker. And the smallest micro stakes have 200BB max buy-in, so there are enough big stacks on the tables.
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      I definitely stay after a win in BB.. I have the same problem as you on everest poker with very few tables. So I even like to stay some rounds of cards even when I'm doubled up if the players at the table is fishy and I get paid good with rakes. Also for the possibility for a quadruppel up :)

Any other shortstackers who do this? Offcourse I adjust my play when I do this and call some pocket pairs and don't shove my AK's.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hansbans
      Any other shortstackers who do this? Offcourse I adjust my play when I do this and call some pocket pairs and don't shove my AK's.
      On Everest there was a maniac at the table and right as I got a series of good hands he was shoving preflop. I think I caught him the first time in the big blind with a middle pair (hit a set) and by the time the big blind came around again I had doubled against him twice again for a total of 110bb. (The last round I had Aces and got two callers ...)

I imagine that will never happen again ... but on Everest you just never know! That was 100NL too so I was very very happy. :D