Setmining questions

• 6 replies
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      good question...would be interesting to hear an answer from the more experienced players out there :f_biggrin:
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShadowOfLight1337
      Do you open limp 77 or weaker from MP?
      Do you open limp 77 or weaker from UTG?
      Never. Open raise from MP and generally fold from EP. If I've been really quiet I might open raise. No need to limp though.

In position against 1 raiser. Is it profitable?
      Out of position against 1 raiser. Is it profitable?
      The answer is the same ... only if you think they will cough up their whole stack when you hit. If the villain is a tight regular this might not be the case.
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Do you open limp 77 or weaker from MP?
      Do you open limp 77 or weaker from UTG?
      Never. Open raise from MP and generally fold from EP. If I've been really quiet I might open raise. No need to limp though.

In position against 1 raiser. Is it profitable?
      Out of position against 1 raiser. Is it profitable?
      The answer is the same ... only if you think they will cough up their whole stack when you hit. If the villain is a tight regular this might not be the case.
      What about suited connectors?
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      What limit are you playing?

I will open limp any pocket pair and open raise in late position. The only time i don't is if the table's super aggressive preflop. I'll fold to any 3 bet with 99-, and setmine TT & JJ.

I strictly adhere to the call 20 rule. If I and the raiser BOTH have 20* the raise, then I call. Make sure of course that there are max 2 short stacks at the table tho. Open limping low PPs isn't profitable if you aren't getting implied odds.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      What about suited connectors?
      Speaking of NL25 and below ...

I personally use these from the CO/BU to signify a pure bluff/steal chance. I just find that these kind of hands come up just enough to make it a good way of telling when its time to steal with air. Of course you can hit something, but I basically consider this a bluff steal.

Also I would never:
      * Do it without a hud.
      * Do it without stats/reads on the blinds.
      * Do it with a short stack in the blinds even if he was bad.

At the micros you are just throwing away your money if you try to bluff/steal from people who are not paying attention. Same with cbets.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Silver
      In FR low limits I find that if you have a full stack and you get familliar with playing them you can open raise with any PP from any position.

You get fold equity obviously been a tight player overall you are put on a strong hand from early position.

If you get called you often have 20x your raise on both stack as in the call 20 situation.

If you are OOP a C-bet often takes the pot.

If you don't make a set o are reraised it is easy to fold without losing too much.