This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS KK from UTG

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, 3 folds, BU raises to $3,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7,28 (All-In), MP1 folds, BU calls $4,28.

Flop: ($15,91) 9:club: , 7:heart: , J:spade:
      Turn: ($15,91) 3:club:
      River: ($15,91) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $15,91

Last hand I had AK, and we split the pot another AK. So my stack was 7,28$ and I was ready to leave and then I find KK from UTG, standard raise and then comes re-raise. All-in, nothing to do. Would you go all-in here with QQ? I think that I would fold here AK, JJ, TT and take my 6,28$ and get out of the table.

Thatś why Berlin doesn´t play AK, JJ, TT, QQ? from UTG, if he has doubled up:)
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      My UTG open-raising requirements don't change if I'm wating to leave before my turn to post the BB. How I subsequently play is very much opponent specific. Berliner's advice also sounds pretty solid though since a lot of players are pretty tight when it comes to re-raising a tight UTG raiser.

If I ever see Berliner raising UTG with a 40BB stack at my table then from now on I'm folding KK. :D
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I don´t raise these hands, because I do not like to play NL as a BSS. ;)
      And if I raise from UTG with AK, JJ, QQ ... I often can fold against a re-raise, cause they only should re-raise with AA or KK (maybe QQ) here.

Originally posted by Nunki
      If I ever see Berliner raising UTG with a 40BB stack at my table then from now on I'm folding KK. :D
      Time to change my Screenname? :D