[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS KK from UTG

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, 3 folds, BU raises to $3,00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7,28 (All-In), MP1 folds, BU calls $4,28.

Flop: ($15,91) 9:club: , 7:heart: , J:spade:
      Turn: ($15,91) 3:club:
      River: ($15,91) 3:heart:

Final Pot: $15,91

Last hand I had AK, and we split the pot another AK. So my stack was 7,28$ and I was ready to leave and then I find KK from UTG, standard raise and then comes re-raise. All-in, nothing to do. Would you go all-in here with QQ? I think that I would fold here AK, JJ, TT and take my 6,28$ and get out of the table.

Thatś why Berlin doesn´t play AK, JJ, TT, QQ? from UTG, if he has doubled up:)
  • 2 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      My UTG open-raising requirements don't change if I'm wating to leave before my turn to post the BB. How I subsequently play is very much opponent specific. Berliner's advice also sounds pretty solid though since a lot of players are pretty tight when it comes to re-raising a tight UTG raiser.

If I ever see Berliner raising UTG with a 40BB stack at my table then from now on I'm folding KK. :D
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I don´t raise these hands, because I do not like to play NL as a BSS. ;)
      And if I raise from UTG with AK, JJ, QQ ... I often can fold against a re-raise, cause they only should re-raise with AA or KK (maybe QQ) here.

Originally posted by Nunki
      If I ever see Berliner raising UTG with a 40BB stack at my table then from now on I'm folding KK. :D
      Time to change my Screenname? :D