This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 AQo, BB - donkbet turn

• TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,00
      UTG1:
      $64,40

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:heart:
      UTG1 calls $0,50, 7 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, UTG1 calls $1,50.

Flop: ($4,25) 7:heart: , 3:diamond: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,00, UTG1 calls $2,00.

Turn: ($8,25) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($9,25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero ???

Wth should I make out of this donkbet on turn... With his stats a obvious trap? Dunno why but when I was playing I didn`t even look at hes stats... If he was an unknow push river?
  • 2 replies
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pre: Bet ~$3 4xBB+limper+OOP
      Flop: The pot would be $6,25 with your remaining stack of $7. So if you cbet, it would be a push.

So the question is what range he will l/c with. I think mostly small PP and SC's. Something like:
      99-44, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s?

His WTS is pretty high so he will not fold his pocket pairs and probably also wont fold his SC that made a FD or combo draw.

So how do we continue from here? :f_p:

As played:
      Turn: It is not a donk bet :) Easy call for pot odds. Often those small bets are draws but mostly by fish and not such a tight guy.

River: I would c/c river with TPTK. He would fold all weak/trash hands but might try to bluff you out of the pot with a low pair.

Greetz,

T.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Yes i would raise more preflop because OOPness and you get more money and this is easy to play

As pl. cBet size just screams for a cheapfloat from his side, you c/f AK,AQ,TT,99,88,KQ,AT there which represents the majority of your PFR range

As played c-c turn on this minbet and possibly I jam the river

- Gerv