Are there any "official" requirements for verifying ID?

• brokenwings92
      brokenwings92
      Basic
      Alright, so my first ID verification request...I decide to provide my Canadian certificate of birth (birth certificate) as it was required to be a "Canadian ID". I even wrote on a piece of paper PokerStrategy and had it in the background. I offered to take a picture of my tattoo (which contains my last name) to further verify it.

So the FBI responded back and said my birth certificate is not a Canadian ID. Of course not, don't be rediculous. It's just used to regulatae legal citizenship and prove I was born in Canada, nothing more.

Furthermore, I am being told that the requirement is now not a Canadian ID but rather a Canadian photo ID. Which is it darling? Yesterday the guidelines seemed clear, not so much today though.

Are there no guidelines that actually exist, do you guys make it up as you go along? I don't care so much about the bankroll to even bother beyond this point but your ID verification procedure structure is rather depressing.
  • 13 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      soon you will be asked to write "i <3 pokerstrategy" on your buttcheeks and post a picture of yourself holding your ID in one hand, and a dead rooster in the other hand.

that's what i had to do to get mine.
    • brokenwings92
      brokenwings92
      Basic
      Would a box of rooster comb's (non-prepared for injections) suffice? I have eczema all over my rear end though, won't be pretty. In fact, I was put in a dark room and painted for two weeks to try to get rid of it. It was like I was contaminated and a threat to Earth.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      It's hard to say with these crazy people
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      It's hard to say with these crazy people
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey brokenwings,

basically, we need a photo ID and a proof of residence, in some cases we will also ask for a phone check and possibly a picture of yourself holding the passport.

I know that this might seem like a lot of hassle, but unfortunately it has become a necessity, since there is a huge amount of people attempting to receive the $50 more than once.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Hadi
    • brokenwings92
      brokenwings92
      Basic
      Yes, I'll go do that right now. I'll go fill out the passport form and pay probably around $100 in fees to do so, sick ROI.

I provided what I was initially told to provide. My birth certificate. I also offered to get my tattoo (of my last name) in the photo with the ID if necessary.

I once got pulled over, well twice that night, by a cop. It was late, technically early in the AM, and they had to ask some questions. Understandable. They asked for ID. I provided them ID, sure. My library card. Did they push it? No. They let me go, just jotted down my info.

If you think I would steal someone else's birth certificate, go get a tattoo of their last name, just to get money to play poker...then you're fucking retarded. No offense to the mentally ill, but you would fit under that category, for sure.

I recently moved to my residence, a motel. I suppose you think I left my old residence just to further be able to attain this money as well, right? And, I already did the phone verification. Probably a stolen (or disposable) phone just to make sure I covered all angles. Yes, I'm actually Estevan Amirez, and I am a drug lord. Wait, your insignificant minds might take that in a literal sense, I work at a box factory and I'm 16 years old. Ban me!

Your intolerance for tolerance is astounding, jinkies.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      lol

I assume you have a driver's license since you are a driver, don't PS accept those?

But just reading all the security checks that are now in place reminds me of people that scam the Nigerian scammers by making them do all kinds of crazy things and making them jump through hoops. I can't remember the name of the website with pictures of them all holding up signs. I am sure PS has a nice collection by now. :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello brokenwings92,

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting frustrated with the ID process but as Hadi, our head Admin, has already stated the ID checks are a neccessity due to people trying to claim multiple starting capitals.

I hope that you get your issues sorted out soon.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brokenwings92
      I once got pulled over, well twice that night, by a cop. It was late, technically early in the AM, and they had to ask some questions. Understandable. They asked for ID. I provided them ID, sure. My library card. Did they push it? No. They let me go, just jotted down my info.
      This is probably because your police force have access to a database where they can just scan it through and see if you have a drivers license or smth. they obv are not just taking your libary card as your driving license
    • brokenwings92
      brokenwings92
      Basic
      I never said I'm a driver, I actually was raised against it (grandmother scared me out of it, father wrecked his back in auto accident, etc) but that's beyond the point.

Not everyone has a drivers license or passport. They are considered luxuries in many people's minds. However, a birth certificate is completely different. It's much more of a verifiable ID than the alternatives you want.

The point I'm trying to make is your non-English support need to re-examine their understanding on what the security procedure really is. A-Yo. Don't tell me a birth certificate non-photo Canadian ID is acceptable one day then say it's not the next. Don't tell me a Canadian Certificate of Birth is not a Canadian ID either, retard.

Defo not a Nigerian, very white. Albino maybe. Which would be noticed if I took the pic of my birth certificate with my tattoo next to it. But nooooooo I went and got this tattoo just to get "free" money, obviously.

F' it. I'm not gonna bother any more, you guys really are illogical and have poor perception and comprehension skills. I'll just try to find a fellow Canadian (english motha fk'er) and exchange for funds via Interac or something.

Peace inferior human beings.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      you make me laugh. so instead or trying to help because you clearly are incapable and make up so much bullshit here is a photo

• csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      You said you got "pulled over", in England that means you were driving a car...

Never said you were Nigerian.

I suggest you improve your English before bashing others for it.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      I can understand your frustration here, but as a company facing new registrations in the thousands, we can't decide from case to case which form of identification is sufficient - there are guidelines by which our customer support has to abide, because if we do accept your tattoo as proof, the line is unclear and will just lead to confusion.

I hope I made our viewpoint a bit clearer, I will close the thread now.

Hadi