HEM vs. PT3

• 58 replies
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      My impression is that HEM is better for cash games and PT3 is better for sng/mtt... though PT3 is good for Rush Poker

Both have trials... HEM is 7 or 14 days and PT3 is like 30 or 60 days (sorry been a while dont remember exactly).
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Washdogg,

Holdem Manager has a free 15 day trial.

PokerTracker 3 has a free 60 day trial.

I personally use HEM for both cash and tournament play and i've never tried PT3 so can't really comment on its benefits etc.

My advise to you would be to download both trials and see which one you prefer.

Also remember if you decide to purchase either one you will get a good discount through our shop.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      My impression is that HEM is better for cash games and PT3 is better for sng/mtt... though PT3 is good for Rush Poker
      HEM has no additional cash game features over PT3. PT3 also handles currencies much better and will have full currency conversion this month.

Last time I checked they were both very average with regards to SNG/MTT. I don't think there is a clear winner here, although you can do the "M" stat with PT3. (I don't know the status of that stat with HEM ... all of their stats are hard coded so it either exists or you are SOL.)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey tokyoaces,

HEM does in fact have both the 'M' stat and the 'BB' stat.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      PT3 because it supports bodog. no need for handgrabber

i play at bodog now that's why ill be never be gold here. wish bodog was tracked by PS T_T
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      HEM no doubt about it
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      HEM does in fact have both the 'M' stat and the 'BB' stat.
      I'm surprised you guys haven't banned that three letter word now that its owned by your competition. :D
    • Washdogg
      Washdogg
      Bronze
      what about tourny manager or sng wizard?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Washdogg
      what about tourny manager or sng wizard?
      SNG Wizard is not a tracker or a hud. It's an ICM tool. You need it regardless of your choice of tracker or hud.

Tourney Manager looks like some dudes high school project. I hope they don't actually charge people money for that, yikes.
    • elquimico
      elquimico
      Bronze
      Wich one is more difficult to configure HUD?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hem vs pt3. aaahhh the age old question.
      i think all poker players go thru this at some point, and as i've found out for myself, i believe you wont find a definite answer on the forums; BUT i also believe that you will be happy with either.

i finally went with HEM and i :heart: it. i play cash not tourns.
      re HUD config, the standard config works just fine. no need to do any difficult configurations. altho u can make ur own later on as u need.

btw, dont need handgrabber for HEM either. (just click the 2+2 button on the HH and paste. it automatically converts to forum format)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I have both....HEM is better
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      I have both....HEM is better
      Unless you want to customize your hud, customize your stats, have tabbed popups, play on Bodog without an extra $50 expensive, etc, etc.

Better is certainly subjective. It's not better for me.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Guys,

I think the thing we need to remember is that everyman and his dog will have a different opinion on why that individual prefers one program over another.

To the OP - The best advice i can give you is to try them all out as they all offer free trials and you will soon come to realize which is the better program for you and your own situation.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      IMO, PokerTracker3 is miles better than HEM.

But at the end of the day it really just comes down to which one you profer using/find nicer to work with.
    • MaliSunSeT
      MaliSunSeT
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have both HEM and PT3 and I really prefer HEM even if PT3 is great as well but it just my opinion.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MaliSunSeT
      I have both HEM and PT3 and I really prefer HEM even if PT3 is great as well but it just my opinion.
      No reason at all?

You don't like customizing stats so you can get more/better information on your opponents?
      You don't like having tabbed popups that are organized how you like them?
      You don't like the hud that pulls from multiple databases so you can organize your observed/datamined hand histories?

Colored note icon is cool I guess, but its not enough for me to switch back.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Simple suggestion.

Download HEM - Use it free for 15 days.

Then download PT3 - Use it for 15 days.

Then pick which one over the same period of time you feel is better?

Psst... HEM is better though ;)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elquimico
      Wich one is more difficult to configure HUD?
      None are difficult. And if you get stuck that is what the support forums are for on the manufacturers website and then there is a poker software section on this website as well remember ;)

Someone will have already experienced and got round any problems you have or anything you want to do but can't you just need to ask for help and you will get it.