This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL10: KQo

• cash4mebg
      cash4mebg
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $8.64
      MP2:
      $5.60
      MP3:
      $14.62
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00
      BU:
      $8.69
      SB:
      $4.09

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      MP1 posts deadblind, MP1 checks, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.6) Q, 3, 2 (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($1.2) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85.

River: ($2.9) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $8.75(All-In), MP2 calls $3.35.

Final Pot: $16.
      Preflop - should I raise there or limping was ok ?
      Flop don't know, I was going to raise if it was checked to me, but his raise, not sure if I have to reraise it or calling was fine. Turn completes a draw, but I dont see him raising SD on flop. River is perfect for me I think, I was mainly scared from stupid two pairs on the flop, but as I beat them now, I went AI. I was almost 100% sure he will call me here with any pair. I saw him doing some crazy stuff in other hands, and he is also too loose preflop. Maybe my play is a little bit slowplaying, don't know if it is the best line here.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: raise! You don't wanna play a 6 way pot or w/e KQo... KQo is a trash hand unless you can raise it pre-flop & play it with initiative post flop. So calling is the worst option here... folding isn't great either cause your hand is good enough for a raise. Raise > fold > call.

Flop is fine as played. Raising here would be overplayed, you don't wanna go broke with TPGK in multiway limped pot.

Turn: ok

River: Call it down. You're gonna valuetown yourself against better like this. If he has a worse Queen just be happy that you didn't lose the hand imo >.>
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Pre-flop: raise! You don't wanna play a 6 way pot or w/e KQo... KQo is a trash hand unless you can raise it pre-flop & play it with initiative post flop. So calling is the worst option here... folding isn't great either cause your hand is good enough for a raise. Raise > fold > call.

Flop is fine as played. Raising here would be overplayed, you don't wanna go broke with TPGK in multiway limped pot.

Turn: ok

River: Call it down. You're gonna valuetown yourself against better like this. If he has a worse Queen just be happy that you didn't lose the hand imo >.>
      Agreed up to the river. If villain can play Qx like that and can't fold it there is nothing wrong with value raising that river. It's a bit thin, but his line doesn't look very strong at all unless he just bets smallish on the river with everything.

Hope it helps.