$9.03
      BU:
      $15.55
      SB (Hero):
      $15.23
      BB:
      $6.70

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.8) 6, 9, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.6) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80.

River: ($3.2) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $3.2.
      What to do on this river ?
      BB is loose preflop. I checked the river, mainly for bluff induce, don't know if i am right. I don't see him paying me with any top pairs here, but he could overplay them if I check to him. Then I was going to call depending on the size of the bet...
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Pre-flop: fold if the BB is a calling station, K9o is trash, especially if you have to play it oop. If he's nitty then it's ok.

Flop: C-bet but make it bigger (at least $0.60)

Turn: BIGGER. You just turned the nuts on a sick board and you're gonna give him 3:1 pot odds? Make it $1.40 or something.

River: Blockbet like 30% pot or something. He'll often call you down with a pair (or a worse two pair) and he doesn't get the chance to bluff you off the hand with worse. I personally don't wanna play bet/call here cause if he pots you really can't call imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Pre-flop: fold if the BB is a calling station, K9o is trash, especially if you have to play it oop. If he's nitty then it's ok.

Flop: C-bet but make it bigger (at least $0.60)

Turn: BIGGER. You just turned the nuts on a sick board and you're gonna give him 3:1 pot odds? Make it $1.40 or something.

River: Blockbet like 30% pot or something. He'll often call you down with a pair (or a worse two pair) and he doesn't get the chance to bluff you off the hand with worse. I personally don't wanna play bet/call here cause if he pots you really can't call imo.
      I disagree on preflop, if he's nitty he's just gonna fold over and over again nobody cares what your hand is, if he's a calling station he'll call with a lot of crap that even K9o beats and not put you into too many difficult situations by betting since he just rarely ever bets. It's fine to open it provided you can get away when he gets aggressive and not dump too much money by barreling into him on textures he's never gonna fold on.

Rest is fine, river is a clear valuebet that i'd even make around 3/5 pot. If he shoves over we're screwed, it's a fold.

Hope it helps.
    • Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Agree whit previos comments.
      Bigger bets.
      I think in SB is K9 ok openraise hand.
      But make bigger bets, pot size bet are ok in flop and turn imo,
      in river yes, about 1/3 - he/she call that size bet for any weak pair.
      In this limit maybe villain know something blind fights, cbet and the range is not so tight, he may think that you protect your blaind and try to steal and call whit everything. If he had nuts, he raise you to get value most times (because your range is also biger), and if he dont raise you whit nuts, then its just is so, you cant win every time, next time same situation you win and also time after that.