$10.99
      UTG2:
      $10.88
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.31

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.70, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.55) 5, 4, 6 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $4.90, Hero calls $4.90.

Turn: ($11.35) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $4.71, Hero calls $4.71.

River: ($20.77) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.77.
      Villain is a maniac, but still I see him raising here, with a pair or overpair atleast. I ran some calculation and I guess the call is EV+, but I am not sure if it is better to go AI directly on the flop.
  • 2 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      You've got the nuts flush draw + 2 overcards and maybe some fold equity.

So jam the flop when your equity is at it's best. Against an overpair like TT you have 53% equity. Against kings you're flipping...

Flat calling the flop is bad because you've got less then half a pot bet behind, in other words you're always commited so you'll always have to call the turn when he bets again and you've lost a huge chunck of your equity if you missed. And when you hit you aren't sure if he's pay you off anymore.

Poker is all about getting your money in when you're ahead... so do so.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      You've got the nuts flush draw + 2 overcards and maybe some fold equity.

So jam the flop when your equity is at it's best. Against an overpair like TT you have 53% equity. Against kings you're flipping...

Flat calling the flop is bad because you've got less then half a pot bet behind, in other words you're always commited so you'll always have to call the turn when he bets again and you've lost a huge chunck of your equity if you missed. And when you hit you aren't sure if he's pay you off anymore.

Poker is all about getting your money in when you're ahead... so do so.
      This. It's a crappy spot against some players, but when your opponent is a maniac all hand reading considerations go out the window. Only important facts left are that he's possibly doing that with a worse hand or air that he we VERY BADLY overbet/fold which is hugely +ev for you, and even if he somehow has a piece you're more often than not flipping or at worse a 2:1 dog.

Hope it helps.