[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Kk

• AndriusLT

Preflop raise was misclick, should I value bet river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand abspielen

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      CO folds, BU calls $0.04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BU calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.22) 3, 4, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BU calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.52) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, BU calls $0.38.

River: ($1.28) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.91, BU raises to $2.96, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.19.
  • 4 replies
    • eikciR
      I think the raise pre-flop should have been minimum of $0.16, this caused you to lose in the end obviously. When the flop came down you continuation betted a good ammount and when he called it looked to me like he had either flopped a set or had a straight and a flush draw. When the turn came down and you hit your set you should have bet around the size of the pot and so if he hit his set he would be paying you off majorly, perhaps put you on AK. As the river came down I would have personally checked it and seen what he did and would probably 75% called it as to me he looked like he flopped his set.

This is just what I would have done.
    • rex99
      your raise pf was too small.

the minimun there is: 4bb+1/limper = 0.20.

the rest is fine.
    • Mstlc
      Pre-flop: make it $0.20 or even $0.24, you're oop and there's a limper.

Flop: Pot bet

Turn: Pot bet

River: kind of a fucked up spot but honestly I'm calling this down cause I have top set and the guy shouldn't really have a 5 in his range, except for maybe 55.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Agreed with everybody including you on the preflop size. Bet bigger on all streets afterward as Mstlc said.

On the river I think this guy can have more 5x hands in his range than just 55. Anything with a pair and a draw certainly isn't folding on the flop nor the turn, bad players might even just continue with any 5x for a naked OESD.

If you think he can shove on the river some two pair hands, wrongly slowplayed lower sets and a few busted draws than call it off, but personally i think it's more weighted toward 5x than anything else against a player who limped the BU first in. These players are usually passive and I wouldn't count on them going nuts in that spot without having a set or better, and a set requires them not raising it earlier, which is possible but not so likely.

Hope it helps.