[NL2-NL10] AKs to contibet or not?

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,08, 5 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) J:spade: , T:spade: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,18) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,09, SB calls $0,09.

River: ($0,36) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,36

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Ad Kd)
      SB shows high card jack with ten kicker (9d 6s)

Hero wins with high card ace with king kicker (Ad Kd)
  • 3 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Yes cbet on flop allways when you have 1 opponent.
      Propabiliti that flop help player is 1/3, so when in flop is 2players then most on times flop dont help either. Every time when you wach flop whit one villain you MUST make cbet(ok 99%). You see, they will fold. When they reraise then fold, when they call and you dont hit turn, then give up. When you hit turn, its good time to get more value. When whit you is 2 or more players on flop and you dont hit anything, then check-fold (remember? 1/3 times you hit something, when in flop is 3players, then in long run when you cbet here whit nothing then you lose money, because when you arent that 1/3 who hit flop, then someone else hit). When you hit, then ofcorse cbet. And flop cbet allways at least pot size (when you makeing some gaybet they call). Remember i talk here whit long run. And flop like this is good to make bluff cbet, you get call whit some one who have 1 spade and raise whit flush, then its easy fold. When you check, it's good oportunity for villain to make good bluff, your check shows weak hand.

Sorry about my english, i hope you get a point and when i wrong, let me know, now i playing like this.
    • mata123
      thanks you make a good point for the cbet in this situation,and your english is not bad at all :f_biggrin:
    • MaestroOfZerg

C-betting against that guy is fine, tho he will actually call with worse hands a decent amount, he looks a bit passive postflop so far and likely won't put you into crappy spots on the turn.

Players you're better off avoiding c-betting against will be guys who are a pain in the ass on later streets, like who routinely check/call flop donk turn, because then you're actually forced to fold most turn after giving them a c-bet.

Hope it helps.