[NL2-NL10] AK0 from MP1

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , K:diamond: . MP3 posts a blind of $0,02. CO posts a blind of $0,02.
      UTG1 calls $0,02, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,15, 2 folds, CO raises to $0,28, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0,26, Hero calls $0,13.

Flop: ($0,89) T:diamond: , 4:heart: , 7:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0,44, CO calls $0,44, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($1,77) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,88, CO calls $0,88.

River: ($3,53) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,56 (All-In), CO raises to $0,40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,49
      Not happy about the CO reraise,should have reraise preflop?
      And on the flop...not sure if i played this hand to good,betting out of position... :f_eek:
  • 2 replies
    • Adapter1337
      Preflop game is ok.
      I think flop check-fold is better way.
      Bigstack co handrage is on this action JJ, QQ, AK, AA KK i think.
      So flop is blank, why you bet? Only what villain fold maybe is AK.
      And you have 2 opponents, its to big risk, give up here, or if you must bet for sure, make bot size bet at least (the more you have 2 opponents, they will not fold this side bet). What you hope to see in turn? Only cards what help you is K or A, and these cards also are sceary cards to you (remember, preflop reraise for CO)
      Turn K, ok its nice for you, but now you only beat JJ and QQ, AK is split, and get beated for KK and AA. In my opion here is 2 choice for you, check-fold or if you want bet then go all-in. Bet like you do, was like valuebet, you want value, and dont want them fold. Now you want they to fold or go all-inn (hands like JJ and QQ dont see cheap river to hit set). Because bet like you do, in river villain only have 40cents, and pot is 3.53, ofcorse he/she goes allin, you must bet allin in turn when you want to bet. Try get value if you are ahead of, not for 50/50.

So its my oponion, its not master, im still breakeven player in NL10, all my recommendations cant be major.

EDIT: Now i see that its NL2, not NL10, my recommendation is for NL10, but almost same is in NL2. NL2-NL10 you play only for your hand and ABC poker and odds, you must think on long run, not play over to your opponents. I think when you can play opponents hands and so on, is limit about NL100, maybe NL50. In limits NL2-NL10 you cant play, you must make just firm moves, what is right in long run, must calculate odds and so on. Higer level you can start improvising whit flop, reading opponents move - playing flop and reads.
    • MaestroOfZerg

Both c-betting half pot and checking back the flop are fine, CO likely isn't folding a better hand ever if he's good since he'll be strong, but since he's playing 67/17 so far he can also be 3-betting with a bunch of random crap for no particular reason. Whether you decide to try and take it off that or possibly go for a showdown and give him a chance to catch a dominated Ax Kx hand along the way is up to you.

As played turn and rivers are fine, tho bet sizing might vary, as long as you end up putting him all-in somehow it's hard to say which line is better.

Hope it helps.