Stack
      Hero:
      $8.21
      MP2:
      $7.64
      MP3:
      $4.78

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.70 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 raises to $0.16, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.38) J:club: , A:spade: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26. just check called here because I think he could easily have AJ or A9

Turn: ($0.90) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks. check good or should I lead?

River: ($0.90) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.43, MP3 folds. Since he checked turn I think bet is ok here? I think if he had AJ or A9 he would have bet, so anything else i beat

Final Pot: $1.33
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Preflop: 3bet

Don't look at AJ9 flop and think 'oh no, he could have AJ or A9'. First to act on the flop, you can't narrow villain down to two possible hands. Of course he can have these hands, but it's more correct to think in terms of his possible preflop holdings, and your flop equity vs this range.

Example:

JcAs9h

AcKc: 73.067%
      66+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AJo+, KQo: 26.933%

At this point you have to figure out the most profitable line vs his range and tendencies. On this board, checking is best since it gives MP3 a chance to value bet worse hands and bluff with air. Sometimes he has Jx, QQ, KK and checks behind. But that's fine, since he has very few outs and you can still get 2 streets of value.

Turn and river are fine, the fact the he folded just means he had nothing.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Preflop: 3bet

Don't look at AJ9 flop and think 'oh no, he could have AJ or A9'. First to act on the flop, you can't narrow villain down to two possible hands. Of course he can have these hands, but it's more correct to think in terms of his possible preflop holdings, and your flop equity vs this range.

Example:

JcAs9h

AcKc: 73.067%
      66+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AJo+, KQo: 26.933%

At this point you have to figure out the most profitable line vs his range and tendencies. On this board, checking is best since it gives MP3 a chance to value bet worse hands and bluff with air. Sometimes he has Jx, QQ, KK and checks behind. But that's fine, since he has very few outs and you can still get 2 streets of value.

Turn and river are fine, the fact the he folded just means he had nothing.
      This :)