This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SSS folding queens

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG+2:
      $47,81
      BB:
      $29,17

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, UTG+2 raises to $1,00, 6 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) T:diamond: , 5:club: , 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, UTG+2 bets $2, BB folds.

Final Pot: $4,10

According to this article http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/strategy/no-limit/169/
      I should fold queen against SSS player, who raised early position. If I think that big stacks is also same tight, then my fold would be right, because my equity only has 47,4%
  • 3 replies
    • Kknight
      Kknight
      Global
      Hi Kaitz,

In my opinion, I think you are being far too conservative here...especially for NL25 (as I mentioned in your AK thread.) Unless you are 100% positive that UTG+2 ONLY raises with AA or KK in this position, there is no way you should be folding Qs. In order to have that accurate of a read, you need a whole lot of hands against this player. Just my humble opinion though...

Kknight
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I'd be raising JJ+, AQ+ in that position (which gives you the 47.5%), AJ occasionally. Now QQ isn't good against that range but you'd better believe that there are much looser players, it's not a fold without reads.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      On a Nl $25 table (who are often pretty tight because of all the Small Stacks) a Deep Stack good also raise with 99+, AJs, AQ, AK and you still have fold Equity if your re-raise. So I think the Fold is a bit to weak here, especially without any reads.