This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[DONE] can't install

• puddelipip
      puddelipip
      Bronze
      Hi,
      was really looking forward to using elephant but i cant get it to install. It wants to install visual c++ distributable which i already have 2005 and 2008, for both x86 and x64 systems. I'm running win XP 64 pro. If i let it install the runtimes it just gets stuck in an endless loop of wanting to reboot my system.
      Anyone have a solution for this?

/puddelipip
  • 9 replies
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      same problem here
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      still noone. common
    • cercamon
      cercamon
      Bronze
      I'm trying to install and running and endless loop...

Visual C++ is showing to be installed, then asks to reboot machine, and once Windows is reloaded, the same installing Visual C++ appears...

Here's the message I get:

Component Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86) requires a reboot before setup can continue.
      The following components were successfully installed:
      - Visual C++ Runtime Libraries (x86)

Is there any support available?
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi all,

if the installation fails you need to deinstall the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable" using the add/remove software tab of your control panel and you need to remove all entries for them if there are more than those two starting with "Microsoft Visual C++".

Prior starting the Elephant's setup you'll need to reboot your machine to finish the uninstall process.

Cheers,
      L.
    • spartan4498
      spartan4498
      Bronze
      hi i deinstalled 3 versions of the visual c++ from the control panel, but still the same reboot loop when installing again. Very annoying grrrr
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi spartan4498,

it's important that you reboot your machine after deinstalling all Visual C++ runtimes prior to starting the Elephant setup. - That will avoid this reboot loop issue.

Cheers,
      L.
    • spartan4498
      spartan4498
      Bronze
      Hi Larres,

Thanks for taking the time to reply but the plot thickens. I open control panel and deinstall the visual c++, then i reboot but ah ha my mobile 3 dongle wont work and i have to uninstall that then reboot then reinstall but and this is the bit that gets me, when i reinstall my 3 connect dongle aha the visual c ++ the one i have just uninstalled and checked to make sure it is, is back in my program list. i was wondering if you other guys having problems are also on 3 as this seems very weird to me, and im sure this uninstalling ,rebooting, reinstalling, rebooting is -EV lol.

many thanks
    • spartan4498
      spartan4498
      Bronze
      finally got it sorted, i uninstalled it using revo uninstaller, this searches through and gets all of it off your system, messed up my shortcut to my dongle but i can open it through the start menu. If you having the loop reboot problem try this, hope it helps.
    • Larres
      Larres
      Bronze
      Hi spartan4498,

thanks for your answer.

Problem solved so I'm going to close this thread.

Cheers,
      L.