I this normal?

• 8 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i'm assuming your playing SSS.

You don't have to worry about your red line too much, pretty standard for the tight SSS game.

When you move up the limits and want to start expanding your game, you can start loosening up way more in the late positions. That will improve the red line.

But there is no reason to change your game just to fix the redline. You might introduce more leaks in other areas if you are not careful.
    • Turcin
      Turcin
      Bronze
      Nope.. I play BSS, thats problem...
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Then you must be playing too tight if you're on BSS
    • Turcin
      Turcin
      Bronze
      Im playing 22/17/2..
      And im playing at everest where u can find a lot of calling station fishes,
      so i am maybe afraid of 2 or 3 barreling against them..
      When im playing against regulars, my red line is much better..
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      You're not winning enough without showdown.
      That means you could try taking down more pots. You're probably playing a weak-tight game postflop, mostly hit or fold.

Without knowing your stats it's hard to say anything without being incorrect but here are some things that help winning more without showdown:

- overall being more agg
      - take down more unopened pots (most people underrate this)
      - increase your stealing range
      - increasing flop cbet%, especially vs opponents with high foldvsflopcbet%
      - increasing turn cbet%, especially vs opponents that tend to float the flop
      - check-raise more flop cbets made by opponents with very high cbet%
      - steal more opponents' missed draws on the river
      - bluff more on turn and river vs. opponents showing weakness
      - jam more flops after calling a 3B by a opp. with high 3B%
      - squeeze more pots, particularly after a TAG raises LP and a loose player calls
      - increase your 3B range (e.g. for value vs loose players, and to bluff nits or opp. with high foldvs3B)
      - bluff more on missed draws (not vs calling stations!)

There are more ways but you should post your stats so that we can tell you what you can do to increase your non SD winnings.

Hope it helps.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Are you making money?

Is it Consistent?

If the answers to both the above are YES then don't change anything. You are obviously playing the type of poker that you enjoy and understand well enough to make a profit.

The articles on this site and strategies are basically reference points for when you are playing bad and how to combat them.

If you are playing winning poker why change the way you are playing?

Do you see the likes of Gus Hanson and other well known pros laying a hand down because everyone else thinks they should or raising more. No. Because once you get the fundamentals of poker and learn a few different strategies this is when you find your edge. When you believe in yourself to make the correct decisions.

Don't get to hung up on your stats, No two players will EVER have matching stats, that's because poker is a unique game, and each hand is a new game. :)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Turcin, If I have to be honest, one should be braver post flop @ Everest. I know the terrible players @ everest. They just pot pot pot. You can't be sure if you're good or not. They are very loose and successful @ catching 2 pairs with trash but IMO you can sometimes try going all in with TPGK+ against very loose bluffy guys. IMO you're playing a little loose for everest. Play tighter preflop and be braver when post flop.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roswellx
      Turcin, If I have to be honest, one should be braver post flop @ Everest. I know the terrible players @ everest. They just pot pot pot. You can't be sure if you're good or not. They are very loose and successful @ catching 2 pairs with trash but IMO you can sometimes try going all in with TPGK+ against very loose bluffy guys. IMO you're playing a little loose for everest. Play tighter preflop and be braver when post flop.
      +1 if your not comfortable barreling these guys tighten your preflop range esp when oop n u'll do fine.