Strange reply to my ID-check

• pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      I sent in a copy of my VISA(both sides) a couple of days and yesterday I got a reply:

"Due to security reasons PokerStrategy.com requires its members
      to undergo a secure identity check, before receiving the starting capital.

Therefore we would appreciate it if you would provide us with the
      following documents:

* A photo of the front side of your ID card
      * A photo of the rear side of your ID card"

Isn't a VISA an ID-card in your eyes?
      Should I just try to send it in again?
  • 20 replies
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      They need photo ID.
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      OBV. there is a picture of me on my visa! It's a PAYMENT-card. There is both a picture of me AND national insurance number. What more is needed?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hi pokerhelton,

Please forward your ID to the following email:

They would simply need a photo or scan (both sides) of an ID such as a passport or drivers licence in addition to proof of your address/residence (e.g. gas or telephone bill).

If you can ensure that the photos/scans are set to high quality, so that the details on the ID (e.g. name/address/date of birth etc) are clearly readable for our support staff.

What might also be useful is a photo of you holding these documents next to your face too, as I know that this has been requested on occasions. This bit isn't compulsory at the moment, but might save time later if they do ask for it.

Best regards,
      -Steve
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      Funny thing... I turned 18 just a couple of days ago, so I have no drivers license and I actually never had a passport. Have only been in countries near Norway that you don't need passports to enter...

But can I use the VISA as a ID-card?
      It has a picture of me and got my date of birth + my national insurance number. I can take a picture of me holding the card and a closeup photo for the details.

Will this be enough to get through the check? I'll attach a photo of a bill or something to prove my addrese too(something I did not do the first time).
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello pokerhelton,

I, personally, have not heard of a visa card that has a persons picture on as in the UK you don't have such details on the card and maybe this is why the security team are not accepting it.

I would recommend writing a ticket to our Customer Support Team and explain your situation and hopefully they can can up with a solution to your problem.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      In some countries, it is possible to get VISA with picture but I don't think you can use it like your Identity card in some official check. Do you have an ID card after you born or not? If you don't then you probably won't get the security check. If yes then take a quality pictures of it (both sides) and send to address below. You will then pass the check.
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      well, visa are like the primary id's in norway :p

http://www.home.no/napalmx/visa.jpg here's a picture of the card
      I took away all sensitive information
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello pokerhelton,

I think the issue is that the card you have is not officially recognized as being an ID card, it is more likely to be considered as a bank card.

An ID document for the purposes of the check is regarded as being a drivers license, passport or a recognised ID card.

You can find more about whats required in this link.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      Since I don't have a drivers license and no passport really don't know what to do...

VISA, school-id and buscard is the only kind of ID I got : o
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello pokerhelton,

As advised in my previous post, contact Customer Support and explain your situation and they may be able to offer a solution.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      I have sent a ticket to support now and waiting for answer.

However, I made a new photo with my PS-ID, a bill and my personal-ID
      http://www.home.no/napalmx/proof.JPG
      This is the only ID I have, but it's pretty god damn clear who I am, ain't it? :p
      Do you think this will go through bu11d0g(or any other moderator)?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello pokerhelton,

I dont have access to the security team's id verification process or requirements, for obvious reasons, so i can't really say whether or not it will be accepted.

The only thing i can do is wish you the best of luck and hope that it is accepted.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      I really hope I get this through... It's pretty obvious that I'm not scamming, so I don't see a the reason why it was declined :\

Okey, well thanks for the help and sorry for taking your time :)
      Atleast the support on the forum it good and;)
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      It's really strange that you don't have ID cards. We have ID cards, passports, driving license and bank card. First three proves someone identity but a bank card - VISA, Master card or any other wouldn't in most cases. I hope you get this issue resolved quickly.
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      Like I said; I don't have an ID-card, really, I thought a bank-card was an ID-card.
      I have never ever owned a passport, never needed one, and they cost money too. Drivers license... I haven't really gotten the time to get one yet ;p

But look what I found:
      "Debit Card
      Banks offer either an ordinary magnetic-stripe bank account debit card that can be used at any Cashpoint (ATM) or Point of Sale terminal in the country, or you will be offered an international debit card, such as Visa. Any debit card also serves as an identity card in Norway, as it has your photograph, National ID-number and signature printed on it."

This was taken from here(University in Oslo:
      http://www.uio.no/english/research/guests/guide/bank.html

YOU SEE? We don't have these ID-card! We got debitcards with photograpys, national id-number and signature!
      "Any debit card also serves as an identity card in Norway"
      I got nothing more to prove now ;)
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      "Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this case.

We have now confirmed your PokerStrategy.com Account, your transfer to Full Tilt Poker has now been started, if no problems occur you should be able to receive the starting capital within the next 48 hours.

Should you have any further questions or issues please don't hesitate to contact us again."

It took some time, but finally I'll get my starting capital :)
    • jooonas1000
      jooonas1000
      Bronze
      good to hear, that u got the 50 dollars :P
      I am waiting a week now, but sopprt doesent answer and i am realy pissed off
    • Scarmaker
      Scarmaker
      Bronze
      What do you mean you have no ID card? How can be your identity proven if does not have a passport or any bank account? How did you open your bank account if you have nothing to prove your identity with?

This sounds scammy like hell.
    • pokerhelten
      pokerhelten
      Bronze
      I do have a bank account, I'm also registered in something called "folkeregisteret". It's a register over all the people living in Norway.
      Sure, I probably got a birth certificate.. But come on, it's like forever since I got it, I sure as hell don't know where it is ^^

I have also sent in 3 different ID cards to them...
      On top of that sent in a message from the Norwegian Armed Forces which contains my address and my name. But who knows, maybe I've outsmarted the Norwegian military too ;b