This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Running bad is an understatement...

• eikciR
      eikciR
      Basic
      I wouldn't usually post this as everybody has bad beats but what has happened to me in the last 5 games I have played is undoubtably horrific. I had an incredibly loose guy who called all-ins with A2o shove before me I call with AK and he shows 86 - he hits his straight. I have KK in the small blind and blinds are 150/300. I shove and a guy calls me with 10-7 os - he hits the flop 10-7-7. I'm thinking to myself "This sucks" but i'm still playing a few more tables. I find AA in the first hand UTG, I raise 4x the BB and get two callers. The flop comes down 9-6-2 all different suits. I raise 2/3 of the pot and a guy shoves. I think to myself "he must have hit his set" but as I already had player notes on him before knowing that he shoves on the flop with A high I called. He showed 2 pairs: 9-2. If you guys think it ends there you are wrong. I'm not going to bang on about how I lost to idiots but I just need some way of releasing this tension - no jokes intended lol. I don't know how I can possibly run this bad. I had the help of Richard Burke who has a blog on here. One of them is titled "Semi pro baby!" I think. He helped me out last night in learning a lot more to do with Sit & Go's and I watched him play. I took in to account what he said and I applied it in my own game. It works but I just can't avoid being sucked out on. I'll hit top pair, top kicker and people will hit running clubs to make the flush on me. I just hate poker at the minute. :s_frown:
  • 17 replies