Return To Innocence. The Blog Of A Man That Grew Up.

• 33 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi there!

I remember you from back then.. =)

I wish you good luck in crushin the tables again!

Ill be back to see hows it going for you =)

gl!
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hey MrMardyBum and welcome back!
      It's good to see you returned and I'm looking forward to reading about your evolution with this new blog :)

Best of luck and regards,
      vhallee
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey MrMardyBum and welcome back mate :)

Sorry to hear about your recent troubles but hopefully things can start to turn around again for you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Thankyou for posting on my introduction. I noticed your blog in your signature and thought i'd check it out. It's nice to know that you have gotten your life back on track through times of sorrow and I sincerly hope it stays that way too. Good luck with your businesses and poker as a whole.

Also your music, for some reason, really inspired me and I don't know why. It took my imagination far away where I was standing on the edge of a cliff with the wind blowing through my hair and my arms out wide - yes that sounds incredibly strange but that's what happened.

Good luck.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Reply Box:

@PushMeUp:

Hello, and thanks for popping by my blog. I am glad you like my music and the images it bought to your head while listening is the exact reason why it's the tune that I like in times of hardship. It's a inspirational piece of music.

Also, I want to say thank you for your kind words and your good luck wishes.

Maybe you should start a blog, I would be more than happy to help you through the learning process if you would like me to. I may only be at micro stakes now but I have been playing poker many years and I did have some success until I went off the rails a little.

The offer is there :)
      I do want to make a blog, pretty bad actually. The first time I deposited I played $0.01/$0.02 6max ring games. I gradually broke even after a playing for two months and then on decided to go to Sit & Go's. After losing my $30 as I didn't have much understanding for it to a further extent I decided to look for help, which is where I found this wonderful site. I re-deposited $40 on to FullTilt, as I cannot claim for my $50 free starting capital because I have no form of ID, I have started playing $1 + $0.20 9 seater Sit & Go's.

I would love for you to help improve my game, so far my bank roll is $45, which isn't much of improvement but considering I dropped it to around $25 I think I did ok to get it back up there. Do you have Skype? If so add PushMeUpPoker.

Thanks.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      For the hand you posted just remember. KK in a A high multiway pot is trash. Your line should be Check/fold. Don't get in love with hands and your winrate will improve fast.

Good luck in your challenge, I hope you get to nicer stakes soon.
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      Reply Box:

@PushMeUp

I used to have Skype but when I stopped playing poker I stopped using it, right now I am off to begin my poker session but tomorrow I promise I will download it and add you.
      I really need to get it again anyway. I have had some experience with SnG's but my main game is still cash so the help I will offer will be limited but I am sure I can help you with the basics and you should also download the ICM trainer from the poker software section of this site, this will help you a lot with your SnG's and when you should be pushing your chips in the middle etc. :)

I used to play cash games and I might start playing them occasionally. I don't mind if you teach me not only further knowledge of Sit & Go's but also more in depth knowledge of cash games. I have already downloaded ICM, although I don't think it's always right in some situations: this is proven in another players blog where he shoves with 79 of spades with 4 and 1/2 big blinds. Before hand, i'm not a total retard who has no idea on how to play advanced poker, I feel that my knowledge for the game is fairly good, just not good enough.

Also I appreciate you downloading Skype tomorrow so that we can talk, do you have a microphone (even one inside your computer/laptop). If you do it makes it a hell o a lot easier.

Thanks.
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      good to hear u back on track and gettin back into poker.
      enjoyed reading the blog and hope all goes well for you.

when we get to see the reults for the hand u posted, i can see y u made the continuation bet but nasty turn card.
      im guessin co had an ace, utg 2 had flush. or maybe they both had shit and u take it.u know wat micro stakes are like.

ill be back to check it out,

gl man

wat stake SNGs u playin pushmeup always interested in talking poker.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello geezer,

Good to see you getting your confidence and happiness back mate. Nice 1 :) .

I'm glad things are starting to turn around now and i look forward to visiting your blog on a regular basis.

Keep it up mate ;)

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • littlewing1
      littlewing1
      Bronze
      arrr,
      thats clever didnt realize u could do that with the hand u posted.
      no i dont have a blog bin thinking bout getting one going tho.

i think u maybe made the right decision depositing to get u clear of micro stakes, specially if ur goin about it right and sticking to the starting hands chart and everyone else around u is playing stupidly loose.starts to annoy me abit.
      the last straw for me was when i gt my pocket queens busted by 24 off after raising 5 bb preflop, and i know these things happen but i had to move up and i did the samething and deposited more money to clear me.
      that hand is just stuck in my head now and ive never lookked back.

anyway im ranting and its not my blog so gl mate, ill subscribe and ill be back to see the results.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey matey,

I'm only just coming back to the poker scene after being away for several months due to family reasons so thats why the blog is probably hidden deeper than the bottom of the ocean :s_biggrin: .

I'm hoping to be back on the tables this week all things being well mate.

-Steve
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze