[NL2-NL10] QQ bad flop

• mata123
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, CO folds, BU calls $0,08, SB folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,25) A:diamond: , 5:spade: , K:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,25, BU calls $0,25, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,75) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($0,75) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,23, BU calls $0,23.

Final Pot: $1,21
  • 3 replies
    • Adapter1337
      You have 2 callers,
      allways when you have 2 or more callers, and flop isnt good for you, then its better to give up. In this limit, they dont fold theyr K2 and A4 and so on.
      When you have 2 caller on flop, then ofcorse cbet. But board like this check-fold. In one other thread i write about this, flop help you 1/3 times, it means, one time in 3 flops you get helped. That rule is also for your villains, not only for you. That means when you are waching flop whit 2another gamers, and you dont get help, then proplaby they get help. Ok some times they dont, some times all 3 get help, but in long run it is like it. Here is for sure better check-fold. When you are waching flop whit one person, then same 1/3 rule, you dont get help, and 2/3 times they also dont get. Hope you got point. And river? Why you bet? Every hand what is stronger than your hand, you get called (spessialy weak bet like this), and weaker hands fold. Its pointless, you dont get value on here.

I may wronk, so i hope some better players also commet it.
    • mata123
      well i bet the river to block a shove or a raise,i did want to see what he was holding,but didn't want to pay very much...he could have had a 5,or a flush draw,Q10,J10,and his play looked weak...they sometimes fold on the river,maybe K or 5...dont know if i am right :f_cool:
      As far as cbetting goes,i was out of position and i didn't want to give up this hand without a fight...
    • MaestroOfZerg

C-betting is fine, and your play after that isn't bad either.

That being said I don't think you should worry so much about getting bluffed on the river, these players won't bet worse hands very often and at least one of them will have Ax Kx hands way too often for you to blockbet profitably, most likely you're just giving away some ev.

Hope it helps.