should i play the sunday million???

• Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      should i play in sunday million???

i won a ticket for it for a $3 sat but i had a couple of tries

i decided i will go for it because the field will be at its weekest this sunday so its the best time to go for it but i had these doubts

if i play in it then do u think it will be hard to go back to playing $5 tournaments after that???

if i dont cash it doesnt matter much cuz i get back to my normal BR...

so whenever you guys played what works best??
      TAG style for the start i guess but does it get to push or fold around the bubble??
      also how long till you reach the money??

also write here any of your success stories in the sunday million so i'll be more positive :D
  • 24 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      I dont know whats your BR, but i wouldnt play if i were you.
      Lol who am i kidding i would most likely play, but i still think it would be smarter not to play.
      Its too much of a crapshoot... When you play those tournaments you must play to win, not to get in the money, and i think that could be your biggest problem.
      I apologise if i undermined you, i made the asumptions based on your status
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Dont play it, just take the cash :)

If you really want to do it, you can still use your FPPs t get the ticket :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      my roll is 1k btw and it wud be smarter not to play but im running good after a long downswing so i think i'll have a go...

also i really need a milion dollars :p
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      also everytime i have a kind of a dificult decision to make i will ask myself what would phil ivey do?? :p
    • Kojika
      Kojika
      Bronze
      Do what you want but you'll regret it in 80% of the cases.

215$ for a $1000 bankroll is huge.

But well, you can give a shot if you feel lucky :D
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      ok i'll show some willpower and stay away from it as its obviously the correct thing to do

i'll just use the sunday million as motivation to move up through the limits :D
    • p0kerdragon1
      p0kerdragon1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      also everytime i have a kind of a dificult decision to make i will ask myself what would phil ivey do?? :p
      I can't even imagine Phil Ivey with a 1K BR :f_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Nits ITT.

Go for it, if you lose, just imagine that you never won a ticket.
    • Adzi
      Adzi
      Gold
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Nits ITT.

Go for it, if you lose, just imagine that you never won a ticket.
      Yeah, I won mine ticket too. I'll play cause it's gonna be huge aquarium filled with :f_grin: like me
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      ok gl all fishy qualifiers!!!
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      last 20 times i played it i busted before even getting in the money. good luck
    • RemyRoBr
      RemyRoBr
      Bronze
      Go for it and play it as tight as u can,something like only the best 4,5 hands per hour and be disciplinated to fold JJ after raise,reraise.:)
      I always had worst bankroll than yours and last summer also won a ticket and decided to play the Sunday Million,even tho i had $50 more in my account.In the Bubble u go after 3 hours or so.That's when i folded KK after 2 players went all in.8 more persons to get in the money and got scared to lose against a lucky hand.Eventually they had 55 vs 77,and if i played the hand,would have reached place 50 with those chips.I never fold KK,but that time i did.And finally i got place 271,$660.
      After 2 weeks i won again a qualification with $2,also played the Sunday.When were only 1500 players left(place 1350 first in the money) and me with chips little beneath average,position Small Blind,hand QQ.The dealer,bigger stack raises 3blinds and i did my mistake.Should have just called him there to see if the flop has overcards,but i re-raised him,he went all in,and me,pot comitted,called him.His hand,AK.K on flop,me out,when I should have just played AA till i reach the money.:
      So,carrefully,GO FOR IT!!!,u can lose a little and u can win a lot!!!It's an experience u don't get every day.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RemyRoBr
      Go for it and play it as tight as u can,something like only the best 4,5 hands per hour and be disciplinated to fold JJ after raise,reraise.:)
      I always had worst bankroll than yours and last summer also won a ticket and decided to play the Sunday Million,even tho i had $50 more in my account.In the Bubble u go after 3 hours or so.That's when i folded KK after 2 players went all in.8 more persons to get in the money and got scared to lose against a lucky hand.Eventually they had 55 vs 77,and if i played the hand,would have reached place 50 with those chips.I never fold KK,but that time i did.And finally i got place 271,$660.
      After 2 weeks i won again a qualification with $2,also played the Sunday.When were only 1500 players left(place 1350 first in the money) and me with chips little beneath average,position Small Blind,hand QQ.The dealer,bigger stack raises 3blinds and i did my mistake.Should have just called him there to see if the flop has overcards,but i re-raised him,he went all in,and me,pot comitted,called him.His hand,AK.K on flop,me out,when I should have just played AA till i reach the money.:
      So,carrefully,GO FOR IT!!!,u can lose a little and u can win a lot!!!It's an experience u don't get every day.
      play tight but not this tight. instantaniously call with KK on the bubble, and your shove with QQ was 100% the best play.
    • PushMeUp
      PushMeUp
      Basic
      I'd go for it mate. Like a lot of people are saying you don't come across things like this very often so i'd take the chance on it, imagine if you win it! I know the odds are incredibly slim but surely with what you've done so far you could do go quite far in it. If you do choose to do it, good luck!
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RemyRoBr
      Pfffft... Calling out of position...
    • pkrMartin
      pkrMartin
      Bronze
      The smartest would be to unregister and take the money, but I would still play it ^^ If you catch a real heater you can turn those 3 bucks to a looooot moore :P
    • ShadowOfLight1337
      ShadowOfLight1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pkrMartin
      The smartest would be to unregister and take the money, but I would still play it ^^ If you catch a real heater you can turn those 3 bucks to a looooot moore :P
      He said he made the ticket from a 3$ satelite, so the ticket is worth around 200$ something.
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      I would play it mostly for the thrill, but also experience and a test of myself against players at that level. Most people have to pay 200$ to get that chance while you got it for like 3$ so i'd take the shot as long as i knew i could ignore the money (not play with scared money that is) and play my best so to say :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      in case anyone cares i decided not to play because since i won that ticket i 've been running bad so i'll just wait till pokerstar's 50th bliionth hand when they will make a 5M gtd! lol
      by then hopefully i'll play it without a sat :p